Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup

kent_white

2 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

I wish mate

Had a 9am game with these to be at this morning. 

image.png.1bd4e87843f19d0cc12abef9f7c0bd9e.png

you should come up for a game sometime, might ease a bit of the bitterness about all those Albanians. 

It wasn’t too difficult a point to understand RW, you said we should respect Qatar, “their laws and their lands”. Thought that sounded funny coming from a good  British Military man like yourself.

Not sure what difference that would make?

38 countrys I’ve been to with the Mil, never had any major problems and respected their land and laws at the same time. Many Brits won’t from all backgrounds so why you focus on the mil is a bit odd, but to be expected. 

And no bitterness towards any nationality, again like many others on here you do a lot of assuming and end up looking quite the cockwomble. 

25 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Only 3

Really ?

A population of 2.5m but only 300,000 Qatari ?

So 150,000 non burqa wearing, say.  ⅙ of those, max, footballing peak ages. That's a potential of 25,000 players. Not all will be athletic, or football competent. Let alone international football competent. To win the Asia Cup is quite the ask from, maybe 1,000 people max.

Not that I don't trust them, you'll appreciate. 

3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Part of me really thinks the BBC should have said fuck it and broadcasted their coverage from UK studios here if they're so upset about all this.

Aye. 

Was it euro 2012 or wc2010 where they didn't go because of the financial crisis. 

Missed a trick there 

1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Aye. 

Was it euro 2012 or wc2010 where they didn't go because of the financial crisis. 

Missed a trick there 

It would have made a strong statement both financially and morally for them to do that.

I know they'll talk themselves around it, but we've just had Lineker ask Alex Scott "why are you here then?" live on air.

Good question, they should all have been asking it

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

It would have made a strong statement both financially and morally for them to do that.

I know they'll talk themselves around it, but we've just had Lineker ask Alex Scott "why are you here then?" live on air.

Good question, they should all have been asking it

Her answer was superb to be fair.