Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup

kent_white

2 hours ago, royal white said:

Not sure what difference that would make?

38 countrys I’ve been to with the Mil, never had any major problems and respected their land and laws at the same time. Many Brits won’t from all backgrounds so why you focus on the mil is a bit odd, but to be expected. 

And no bitterness towards any nationality, again like many others on here you do a lot of assuming and end up looking quite the cockwomble. 

Cockwomble 😆

You do love a good moan about Albanians though- for someone with no bitterness at all. 

Not focusing on the military, just pointing out the irony of the 'their laws their lands' statement. I'm sure you've been dead lovely and respectful like - the history books tell us we've not been the kindest of people though. 

For what it's worth, gay fans don't owe the authorities there any respect. I can see why they might choose not to risk it, but Fifa have a duty to protect all fans. 

No hard feelings RW, I was on a wind up last night. Enjoy the footy 👍

Edited by London Wanderer

5 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Cockwomble 😆

You do love a good moan about Albanians though- for someone with no bitterness at all. 

Not focusing on the military, just pointing out the irony of the 'their laws their lands' statement. I'm sure you've been dead lovely and respectful like - the history books tell us we've not been the kindest of people though. 

For what it's worth, gay fans don't owe the authorities there any respect. I can see why they might choose not to risk it, but Fifa have a duty to protect all fans. 

No hard feelings RW, I was on a wind up last night. Enjoy the footy 👍

You was focusing on the military (of which I’m now no part) yet I’m sure in recent years English football fans (of which you’re part of) have been less respectful. 

As for gays not risking going. I’ve followed football for over 30 odd years, no doubt I’ve been in close proximity to many gays but I didn’t know they were gay, maybe just maybe they could do the same abroad? Like the lioness said, she’s never had a problem 🤷🏻‍♂️ 👍