Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup

kent_white

• Members
Just now, L/H White said:

What % of international managers win something?Ā 

The team has improved on the main stage massively since he took over. Semis & a Final.

I really don't get it.

Well i do.Ā 

Show me what he has won. I can show you what Sir Alf won.

• Members
43 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Nothing yet.Ā 

I was saying very few international managers win things.Ā 

But there is no doubt he's massively improved the national setup.Ā 

Ā 

I do have to agree when you consider that they reached a semi and a final of major tournaments. If only he could concentrate on the football.

Quarter finals at best this time. We have a soft centre at the back. The top nations will exploit this to maximum effect.

Southgate, Bullingham and FA out.

1 hour ago, bwfc2003 said:

Was it not Clive - Magical night in Barcelons - Tyldesley????

Whoever it was it was awful.

He'd clearly prepared loads of data, loads of clichƩ ridden drivel and loads of condescending Welsh bllx. He was going to get those in whatever occurred & sought opportunities to chuck them in throughout.

Utter drivel.

Wants punching.

1 minute ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

He'd clearly prepared loads of data, loads of clichƩ ridden drivel and loads of condescending Welsh bllx. He was going to get those in whatever occurred & sought opportunities to chuck them in throughout.

Utter drivel.

Wants punching.

Sam Matterface maybe ?

• Members
1 hour ago, Ani said:

Bellingham looked exceptional today. Hope he has Gazza90 tournament in terms of personal impact.Ā 
Reminded me of Vierra today.Ā 

Thought he and Saka were outstanding. Big part of the England set up for a very long time to come. I am sure Eddie will keep them in there.

• Members
6 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

The pressure was put upon them by themselves.

'Yeah, I'll wear the armband. It will make it look like I really care about the issue, and make me an hero. My employer will pay the fine. Whats that ? I may be get a yellow ? oh, I don't care THAT much about the cause'.

Spot on.

What bothers me is that no one is making any protests on behalf of zythophiles. We should start a movement. Not sure a 'Z' on the end of the LGBT blah blah blah thing will work?

• Members
1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Utter drivel.

Wants punching.

They have the biggest inferiority complex on the planet. Even bigger than the Scots. Keep this in mind when you hear their OTT bollocks.

8 hours ago, L/H White said:

What % of international managers win something?Ā 

The team has improved on the main stage massively since he took over. Semis & a Final.

I really don't get it.

Well i do.Ā 

I think it's probably fair comment to point out he's benefitted from two relatively easy draws in both tournaments, though.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Spot on.

What bothers me is that no one is making any protests on behalf of zythophiles. We should start a movement. Not sure a 'Z' on the end of the LGBT blah blah blah thing will work?

Russia took the Z for tank markings.