Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup

kent_white

2nd place in Argentina's group gets the winner of France's group, then the winner of that plays the winner of England's group or Runner up of Group A

Argentina were terrible 2nd half, 3 first half offside goals but they didn't look 2nd favourites for the WC, heroic from SA.

Losing your first match doesn't necessarily mean you'll not have a good tournament as proven with Spain in 2010, but they'll have to improve massively.

2 hours ago, Pablo said:

Clearly, judging by the all the little-clubber-caveman views on here about him....

its not that , its that they think he'll not change nowt when situations change. 

when saka got his clock cleaned, nowt happened . 

i dont think he shouldve been anyhere near the first 5 penalties after that. *i'd* have subbed him. 

no point being the best england manager ever that sat on his hands. 

1 minute ago, e2e4 said:

its not that , its that they think he'll not change nowt when situations change. 

when saka got his clock cleaned, nowt happened . 

i dont think he shouldve been anyhere near the first 5 penalties after that. *i'd* have subbed him. 

no point being the best england manager ever that sat on his hands. 

What does that mean??

[quote]What does that mean??[/quote]

when that italian defender pulled him back by the neck of his shirt. 

the cheating fucker shouldve been sent off, but saka did nothing after.

i dont mean he got knocked out, but summat changed.. 

Edited by e2e4
typos

14 hours ago, bolty58 said:

When he's won something, I will listen to you.

Southgate out.

Great that the two players who received the most racist abuse after the Euros bagged goals yesterday. 

Wonder how much unity there would have been on that pitch  if he’d told them to stop moaning and “focus on the football”? As I said , he’s done what any decent boss would do. It’s common sense mate, not a woke infiltration. 

You’re right though, it’s only Iran and they’re shite. Let’s see.

Still wondering why the Argies with their reputation of being hard (going back to Rattin and the 66 WC) so totally bottled it. Saudi are a big, strong and athletic team with a fair bit of talent so why the Argies didn't compete physically  is beyond me unless they expected to stroll it which is unforgiveable. Absolutely loved Saudi winning - a proper lesson in effort, commitment and teamwork - and two great goals.

They have decent players but it felt like there was f*** all effort and commitment from them today. They'll be a different kettle of fish next game - performances like that are unacceptable in Argentina and they'll know it.

Some of these Tunisians look half decent. Another lot who are playing like a team although I expect Denmark to see them off.

11 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

They have decent players but it felt like there was f*** all effort and commitment from them today. They'll be a different kettle of fish next game - performances like that are unacceptable in Argentina and they'll know it.

Some of these Tunisians look half decent. Another lot who are playing like a team although I expect Denmark to see them off.

They will do better, no doubt.

But some of those players on show, really not near the level they have had in the past.

Otamendi at heart of the defence....he was past it when he left City 2 years ago.

Di Maria at 34 having a terrible time with injuries at Juve and end of PSG time  and Messi is 35 now......they still rely on them badly...

De Paul & Parades are decent enough but nothing special at all.

Slightly above average prem keeper, and an old crap fullback.

Not close to having enough quality to go far in this WC.

Edited by Pablo

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Not only is it pleasing when England win, we now get the added benefit of supporting a nice bunch of players instead of the likes of the 'golden generation' and tripple bonus it winds the likes of Bolty up seeing Southgate succeed.

Happy days.

He’ll be cheering on his beloved Socceroos later.

They’re men’s men with lovely big manly moustaches, and they wear vests so you can see their rippling muscles and tight shorts so you get the odd glance at their big Aussie widgies.

and they only let a few hundred boat people in per annum.

England are one supporter down.

13 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Just goes to show how teams like the Wanderers could pick up players of a better quality than we have if we cast the net wide enough.

Well you did have half the USA defence that played against Wales at one point, even they was slagged off like feck....comfortable prem & NT players....