Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup

kent_white

2 hours ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

One thing I noticed on ITV , they kept referring to Tunisia as " the north Africans" ... What's that all about , nobody calls Spain the south Europeans or Germany the central Europeans . 

Just call them Tunisia !!!

France looking good now , allez Les bleus 

I'm watching the World Cup in Gran Canaria (thinly veiled). The England game yesterday had German commentary and they always referred to England as The Three Lions.

I quite like the French

Work with a few of them. Love their fuck you attitude. They genuinely don’t give a shit and just carry on regardless. They are right, everyone else is wrong, and they have no clue as to why folk disagree with them 

There should be a French section on here. They’d fit in superbly

21 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

I quite like the French

Work with a few of them. Love their fuck you attitude. They genuinely don’t give a shit and just carry on regardless. They are right, everyone else is wrong, and they have no clue as to why folk disagree with them 

There should be a French section on here. They’d fit in superbly

Me too. Think they're sound.

11 hours ago, globaldiver said:

Not really. Football is all about money.

Saudi’s GDP is US $1,010,588 Bn

Argentina’s US $630,698 Bn

Accurate 

8 hours ago, Pablo said:

That Argy team is so bad, how are they named as close favs!?!

2/3 good players and the rest bang average.

See England squad before yesterday 

3 hours ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

One thing I noticed on ITV , they kept referring to Tunisia as " the north Africans" ... 

So not to confuse those 95 year olds watching with black and white TVs

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A difference between being born abroad then nationalised/resident and having a grand parent of said nationality.

Quite a significant one actually. I'd have more understanding if it was a parent.

British tennis champion Emma Raducanu was born in Toronto, to a Chinese mother and Romanian father. 

People love shagging, and nationalities are nothing more than a construct. 🤷‍♂️

Fuck it, let Matty play for whichever spot of land his grandad dropped onto. 

• Members
12 hours ago, Didledee said:

2nd place in Argentina's group gets the winner of France's group, then the winner of that plays the winner of England's group or Runner up of Group A

Argentina were terrible 2nd half, 3 first half offside goals but they didn't look 2nd favourites for the WC, heroic from SA.

Losing your first match doesn't necessarily mean you'll not have a good tournament as proven with Spain in 2010, but they'll have to improve massively.

There's a big list of countries having dodgy results in the early group matches and going on to the latter stages and in some cases winning it.

I wouldn't be writing them off just yet. Looked to me that they thought they only had to turn up to win. Would not surprise me if they won the other two group games.

Interesting to see how Brazil go in their first game. After watching this, I can't see any complacency being on show.

• Members
12 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Great that the two players who received the most racist abuse after the Euros bagged goals yesterday. 

Wonder how much unity there would have been on that pitch  if he’d told them to stop moaning and “focus on the football”? As I said , he’s done what any decent boss would do. It’s common sense mate, not a woke infiltration. 

You’re right though, it’s only Iran and they’re shite. Let’s see.

I think I'll just focus on the football and leave you to the campaigning political shite.

How many of that England squad are doing anything for Movember? A fucking disgrace.

• Members
2 hours ago, Carlos said:

Great to see the garlic munchers slapping Bolty’s lot, surely the most odious fuckers on the planet?

You must be fucking joking! I wanted France to score 8!!!! The BS you have to listen to down here. Over the last week it's been "No WC holder has ever won the first game in the next tournament" (I am sure we beat Romania in our first match in 1970 for a start and there'll be others. They invent these stories and repeat them so many times that they become 'fact'). "They've lost Benzema, we now have our chance". Really!!!??? Giroud been in sparkling form for Milan. Mbappe is unplayable.

I want then to lose every game although a little part of me did want them to progress and come up against England and get absolutely hammered. The cunts still sing about a 3-1 win at Upton Park in a meaningless friendly where Sven substituted the entire team at half time. I can never forgive the Swedish prick for that.

7 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Garlic munching, bike riding, Galoise smoking, stripey jumper bedecked, shoulder shrugging frog eating grenouilles.

Now that's a sweeping statement.

You missed out white flag waving, tank reversing surrender monkeys.

3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

You must be fucking joking! I wanted France to score 8!!!! The BS you have to listen to down here. Over the last week it's been "No WC holder has ever won the first game in the next tournament" (I am sure we beat Romania in our first match in 1970 for a start and there'll be others. They invent these stories and repeat them so many times that they become 'fact'). "They've lost Benzema, we now have our chance". Really!!!??? Giroud been in sparkling form for Milan. Mbappe is unplayable.

I want then to lose every game although a little part of me did want them to progress and come up against England and get absolutely hammered. The cunts still sing about a 3-1 win at Upton Park in a meaningless friendly where Sven substituted the entire team at half time. I can never forgive the Swedish prick for that.

No wonder you like it there.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, TM Trotter said:

British tennis champion Emma Raducanu was born in Toronto, to a Chinese mother and Romanian father. 

People love shagging, and nationalities are nothing more than a construct. 🤷‍♂️

Fuck it, let Matty play for whichever spot of land his grandad dropped onto. 

I'm aware of her status. Interestingly, she adopted the nationality of the nation she was raised in.

As did sterling. 

Cash on the other hand hasn't changed his nationality, and has taken (understandably) an opportunity to play at the world cup by virtue of spurious sporting rules. Certainly not chosen to stick with the plot of land his grandfather came to, but the one he left. 

Don't blame him, if he can get a game, go for it, but it makes a mockery of nationality. 

How far do you go back- I've got Welsh, Irish and Scottish ancestry not so far back, in grandparents and great grandparents. 

Had I been half decent at football, perhaps I could have put my name forward, and bollocks to any genuine nationals of that nation.

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I think I'll just focus on the football and leave you to the campaigning political shite.

How many of that England squad are doing anything for Movember? A fucking disgrace.

Even by your standards your stretching for a bit of whataboutery here.

Movember is done to bring awareness to men's health issues ... which has got absolutely fuck all to do with being happy for two young lads who received a shit load of racial abuse for having the temerity to miss a penalty in a shoot out (even though they should've been applauded for having the balls to step up in the first place).

Saka, in particular, is on his way to becoming an absolute superstar ... but we all know he's only ever one mistake away from being racially abused online.

Anyway, with Kane looking a doubt for Friday, hopefully another darkie can fill his boots and bag a couple. It'd be nice to get another win and effectively turn the final game against Wales into a dead rubber for us and allow a bit of player rotation.