Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup

kent_white

• Site Supporter

I’m surprised there’s so many pages of comments to catch up on.

I’m pissed, been out since 7 watching the 2nd team I love, thought more might have been.

While the emotion of not beating the yanks and playing poorly has not passed me by…..

We have (bar an absolute disaster) just qualified (again) for the last 16 of the World Cup haven’t we?

It’s the 2nd round of tournament football where both teams are content with a draw. That dictates the style of game doesn’t it? 

No team was willing to sacrifice a clean sheet to push on and go for a goal. 

I don’t think we are good enough to go on and win it, nor do many on here either, so get through to the next round and see what happens. 

• Members
2 hours ago, royal white said:
He’s got a point. 

The criminal act was not going for the jugular in the Euro final when we had Italy on the ropes early doors. A second goal would have done for them. 

I hope they are starting to discuss what compensation package the Geordies would want for Eddie.

9 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Well, no. One of our forwards near the centre circle was still kneeling after the kick-off.

Pathetic. Timing was right off. What would George Floyd think ?

I haven’t watched every game obviously but are there any of the other teams here still taking the knee? Sort of pretty pathetic really that even the USA couldn’t be arsed. Bet they thought, look at these silly cunts. 🥱

6 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I haven’t watched every game obviously but are there any of the other teams here still taking the knee? Sort of pretty pathetic really that even the USA couldn’t be arsed. Bet they thought, look at these silly cunts. 🥱

It’s not for George Floyd, this week it’s morphed into solidarity against discrimination … were a laughing stock… thousands died building those stadiums, don’t play in the tournament if that’s how you feel. It is a load of bollocks. Perpetuated by the FA and GS virtue signalling wankers. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s not for George Floyd, this week it’s morphed into solidarity against discrimination … were a laughing stock… thousands died building those stadiums, don’t play in the tournament if that’s how you feel. It is a load of bollocks. Perpetuated by the FA and GS virtue signalling wankers. 

You forgot “woke”. So close to a full house, too. 

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Offended by everything

You sound like a scouser

16 minutes ago, perth_white said:

Really hope my adopted country can win tonight but I've checked Tunisia's population so unfortunately I won't be able to celebrate an Australian win

Reckon a gang of kangaroos could take on a gang of camel's?

Easy win Id say.

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, tomski said:

The crims have started well here as the crowd is certainly against them. 

As for England, very much in the nearly job done camp. Let’s win the group Tuesday and crack on. Would of been rubbish as a dead rubber anyway.

Be funny if we lost 3-0 and the Taff's missed a last minute penalty