Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup

kent_white

41 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

An outstanding performance from another former Wanderer Aaron Mooy. TBH he played better for his national team than he does for the Hoops. Classiest player on the park.

“The Hoops”? 🤮 Ban him. Ban him now.

Although the Aussies are essentially the SPFL representative team. 

15 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Foden is absolutely world class. Still dont think he would've unlocked them last night.

The problem was deeper. We just couldn't get the ball forward. Crying out for a Tiago/Biscuits type mon.

Totally agree. What's the point of swapping out 10s when the ball isn't getting to them. I agree with Andros Townsend who said we should have gone with 3 CBs which would have meant the FBs could have marked further forward freeing up Saka etc to attack from wide instead of them being forced back to defend against e.g. Robinson all the time.

Think a lot of the over reaction is down to the modern day fan being a bit of a gimp.

in essence we are going to qualify. We have near enough done the job. If I had to choose sexy performances in group or latter stages, I’ll take latter personally.

if we’d drew with Iran and beat the USA. Everyone would of been buzzing last night/today. 

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

And?

Totally irrelevant. It was an extremely unprofessional performance that many had paid significant money to watch. 

Results can be excepted, but not a level of attitude and performance like that. The fa should give every fan his or her money back.

Money for their ticket or full travel costs too?

I think the commentators forget that the Saudi team is basically a club side with 9 of their starting 11 playing for the Asian Champions League winners Al-Hilal - of course they know each other.

"Internationally, Al Hilal have won a record eight Asian Football Confederation trophies – the AFC Champions League in 1991, 2000, 2019 and 2021, the Asian Cup Winners Cup in 1997 and 2002, and the Asian Super Cup in 1997, 2000. In September 2009, Al Hilal was awarded Best Asian Club of the 20th Century by the IFFHS."

21 minutes ago, royal white said:

It’s nailed on that Foden will get a good run out in the next game and have a stinker .

Was just thinking the same thing. It will add a lot of pressure on him as well. 

Souness saying just now he's one of the brightest talents at the World Cup. His goal involvement stats are top level. 

Deserves a run for me. Wonder if Gareth will bow to the pressure. 

Edited by London Wanderer