Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup

kent_white

4 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

I read that to lessen collusion (3 team groups and Disgrace of Gijon) they are ensuring draws don't happen so penalty shoot deciding matches drawn after 90 mins!

But did also read that 12 groups of 4 still a possibility. Which asks the question, would the next stage be a knockout round of 16 or 32. 

4 hours ago, Underpants said:

Group of 3 and only playing twice? Sounds shit. I know they only play one more game with this format. But it hardly seems worth putting in 2 years of qualifying for it.

Its a mess, 2 years of qualifying and a team might be finished after 1 game, what is the point?

They need to take a step back and think about how competitive they want these competitions to be in future. More than ever now its a test of fitness and conserving energy for short bursts of action rather than a true measure of the best teams in the world.

But with 48 teams in it there's very little chance of a "big" team or ones that could generate mass TV audiences or fan participation not making it through qualification and bringing the coin in. Where could host a 48 teamer in future? They're on about a Uruguay/Argentina/Chile joint bid. Something that big and expensive could sink all 3 of these countries forever!

7 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Its a mess, 2 years of qualifying and a team might be finished after 1 game, what is the point?

They need to take a step back and think about how competitive they want these competitions to be in future. More than ever now its a test of fitness and conserving energy for short bursts of action rather than a true measure of the best teams in the world.

But with 48 teams in it there's very little chance of a "big" team or ones that could generate mass TV audiences or fan participation not making it through qualification and bringing the coin in. Where could host a 48 teamer in future? They're on about an Uruguay/Argentina/Chile joint bid. Something that big and expensive could sink all 3 of these countries forever!

Typical bureaucratic nonsense

That Brazil 11 isn’t all that IMO.

Raphina - Leeds

Richarlison - second choice behind Kane

Fred - shit

Casemiro - hardly shone with United and on the wane, hence Real letting him go 

Silva - great in his day but way past his best

Still a quality side, and some proper class in there, but I think they’ve been overhyped- especially without Neymar.

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Raphina - Leeds

Fred - shit

Still a quality side, and some proper class in there, but I think they’ve been overhyped- especially without Neymar.

This will be a tough test. 

Always a well organised threat at tournaments the Swiss

1 hour ago, jmjhb said:

Kudus gets a big move in January 

He went on strike to push one through ro Everton at the end of the summer window....so Ajax they started playing him.

Good move for all, as much bigger clubs will come for him now.

20 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Raphina - Leeds

Fred - shit

Tell the world you don't watch anything other than your own team, without telling us......

Like football twitter on here with the amount of clueless shite spouted...

Edited by Pablo

1 minute ago, Pablo said:

Tell the world you don't watch anything other than your own team, without telling us......

Like football twitter on here with the amount of clueless shite spouted...

Alright Clive Tyldesley, I bow to your clearly impeccable international football knowledge.

Tell me which of those 5 (pretty much half of the starting 11) you think I’ve got fundamentally wrong? I’m not saying they’re a poor team, far from it and I think they’ll go far, but it’s hardly the days of Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Carlos, Cafu etc etc.

Just now, Eddie said:

Alright Clive Tyldesley, I bow to your clearly impeccable international football knowledge.

Tell me which of those 5 (pretty much half of the starting 11) you think I’ve got fundamentally wrong? I’m not saying they’re a poor team, far from it and I think they’ll go far, but it’s hardly the days of Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Carlos, Cafu etc etc.

Raphina - Leeds - He plays for Barcelona, and has done for almost 6 months!!

Richarlison - second choice behind Kane - Spurs play a front 3 and Richarlison plays eaither side of Kane.

Fred - shit - Done well for the new manager.

Casemiro - hardly shone with United and on the wane, hence Real letting him go  - Done brilliant since coming to United, one of the BEST in his postion in the world...dont let the United hatred get on the way of that!!!

Silva - great in his day but way past his best - Chelseas best defender by an absolute mile and top 5 defenders in the prem.

Along with 2 of the best 5 keepers in the world, another top 10 in world Centre back, and Real Madrids best 2 attackers.....

1 minute ago, Pablo said:

Raphina - Leeds - He plays for Barcelona, and has done for almost 6 months!!

Richarlison - second choice behind Kane - Spurs play a front 3 and Richarlison plays eaither side of Kane.

Fred - shit - Done well for the new manager.

Casemiro - hardly shone with United and on the wane, hence Real letting him go  - Done brilliant since coming to United, one of the BEST in his postion in the world...dont let the United hatred get on the way of that!!!

Silva - great in his day but way past his best - Chelseas best defender by an absolute mile and top 5 defenders in the prem.

Along with 2 of the best 5 keepers in the world, another top 10 in world Centre back, and Real Madrids best 2 attackers.....

Raphina I’ll give you, albeit he hardly lit up the Prem at Leeds.

Richarlison was so good he got a move from Everton to Spurs

Fred is shit, Casemiro wouldn’t be let go by Real if he was still one of the best in the world and Silva is not one of the best 5 defenders in the Prem and probably isn’t in the top 15-20 in the world anymore.

I’m not arguing that they’re not good players, clearly they are, I just don’t think they deserve the hype that they’ve received with many thinking this World Cup is basically a done deal.

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Raphina I’ll give you, albeit he hardly lit up the Prem at Leeds.

Richarlison was so good he got a move from Everton to Spurs

Fred is shit, Casemiro wouldn’t be let go by Real if he was still one of the best in the world and Silva is not one of the best 5 defenders in the Prem and probably isn’t in the top 15-20 in the world anymore.

I’m not arguing that they’re not good players, clearly they are, I just don’t think they deserve the hype that they’ve received with many thinking this World Cup is basically a done deal.

You clearly dont watch the prem this or last season, Raphinia was brilliant for Leeds, hence the move.

Silva is brilliant, jesus H!!!

🤣

Richarlison got a move from relegation fodder to a champions league team, and is brilliant for Brazil has been for 3 years!!

No such thing as a shit footballers who plays in the prem and starts in the biggest tournaments in the world....

Casemiro is world class, thats not even a debate if he doesn't play for United.

10 minutes ago, Pablo said:

You clearly dont watch the prem this or last season, Raphinia was brilliant for Leeds, hence the move.

Silva is brilliant, jesus H!!!

🤣

Richarlison got a move from relegation fodder to a champions league team, and is brilliant for Brazil has been for 3 years!!

No such thing as a shit footballers who plays in the prem and starts in the biggest tournaments in the world....

Casemiro is world class, thats not even a debate if he doesn't play for United.

Shall I just make up things that you’ve said as well - you’re like a fucking politician.

Opinions on how good certain players are. I don’t rate them as highly as you do, you seem to think that by supporting your scouse shite you clearly have a far superior opinion.

I’ll finish as I started - this Brazil team is clearly very good, but that starting 11 does not warrant the hype IN MY OPINION. Go and tell Goodison Ways how good your man Richarlison is.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Shall I just make up things that you’ve said as well - you’re like a fucking politician.

Opinions on how good certain players are. I don’t rate them as highly as you do, you seem to think that by supporting your scouse shite you clearly have a far superior opinion.

I’ll finish as I started - this Brazil team is clearly very good, but that starting 11 does not warrant the hype IN MY OPINION. Go and tell Goodison Ways how good your man Richarlison is.

Opinions are opinions and here you are spot on, the most accurate thing you have posted so far.

Not sure what Everton have to do with it, but you seem very keen on bringing them up alot....seem upset.

I have to agree with Eddie, the Brazil squad outside of the big 4 or 5 is a bit average.

But then again you look at the 2002 squad and it had Roque Junior and Kleberson in it

Still a lot of players at top clubs, but you can say that about most of the squads at the World Cup now

Edited by jmjhb