Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup

kent_white

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, 1969 said:

If it's true what they just said on itv,that Henderson in for Bellingham against Wales just shows what a prick Southgate is.For fuck sake what's he trying to do?bore them to death until they submit 

Wales will be bang at it early on.... Henderson will be in for his leadership & game management.... Bellingham whilst a fine talent is still a kid & needs to be protected & we are to all intents qualified. 

Hope this helps..... and I'm not Southgates greatest fan. 

Edited by RONNIE PHILLIPS

12 minutes ago, 1969 said:

If it's true what they just said on itv,that Henderson in for Bellingham against Wales just shows what a prick Southgate is.For fuck sake what's he trying to do?bore them to death until they submit 

It's the right thing to do. Give the lad a rest.

We were crying out for a steady eddie in midfield on Friday to retain the ball, hence it spent all game being passed sideways across the back line.

Id be playing a back 3 and get walker in there too.

10 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Wales will be bang at it early on.... Henderson will be in for his leadership & game management.... Bellingham whilst a fine talent is still a kid & needs to be protected & we are to all intents qualified. 

Hope this helps..... and I'm not Southgates greatest fan. 

Sorry but I can't agree with that.All we will get is sideways, backwards, sideways and at a very slow tempo with Henderson and if he does play only 10 cans of thatchers would help pass the boredom 

50 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Sorry but I can't agree with that.All we will get is sideways, backwards, sideways and at a very slow tempo with Henderson and if he does play only 10 cans of thatchers would help pass the boredom 

That's fine, as long as there are other, more attacking changes 

• Site Supporter

One thing we lack if it's not going right, is a leader to shout and shake them up.

Harry Kane leads well, but by example- I don't see him as particularly vocal. 

Henderson will offer that drive, if not great quality.

Interesting comments by Neville, Cole etc though, all saying the same thing- give those flair platers a go and let us be that bit more effective at opening teams up. Sourness described us as being a bit boring at times, and he's right.