Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Qatar World Cup

kent_white

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Ani said:

FIFA have said goal line technology was used but have not provided the image from this which is strange. 

There is a picture (maybe put on here) that is in line. Can see that some of it is still over the line. This sort of use of technology is what folk wanted. Some of the use is subjective (handball for example) but where there is an absolute then we have to accept what it says. Applies to balls over lines and offsides 

21 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Indeed it is.

I would have paid very, very good money to see that cunt in that trough of despair.

... and the BBC numpties shouting that Cavani's dive was "definitely a penalty". It wasn’t. 

I think the ref was possibly in some danger from the Uruguayan players, subs & officials as they left the pitch.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

There is a picture (maybe put on here) that is in line. Can see that some of it is still over the line. This sort of use of technology is what folk wanted. Some of the use is subjective (handball for example) but where there is an absolute then we have to accept what it says. Applies to balls over lines and offsides 

Best I’ve seen. Ball in, Germans out!

B9591082-6B4C-46E2-AEB9-4B08212C30BD.png

• Moderators
1 minute ago, jmjhb said:

So with Brazil losing to Cameroon tonight, England have the best record in the group stage.

Am no Southgate basher but so what 

We didn't have the luxury of resting players in the last game 

We're through is all that matters, best record so far means nowt here on in

the tolerence on the circumference of a football is about 1 inch according to the law . 

works out , i think about just over 8mm difference in diameter between the largest and smallest allowed 'regulation' football. 

if they played with exact copies, the players would then moan that they cant use the magnus or bernouli effect or summat on free kicks anymore due to the construction of the new 'fair' ball. and that it flies too true. 

like when you had pro basketball players on milions of dollars ,erm, muffing passes loads after they changed the ball from leather to some synthetic material. 

or pakistan reverse swing bowlers moaning that they cant rag the shit out of a ball with a pepsi crown cork on the sly anymore. 

lol

Edited by e2e4
typo

• Members
1 hour ago, jmjhb said:

So with Brazil losing to Cameroon tonight, England have the best record in the group stage.

:D I wondered who the first straw clutcher would be. Brazils reserves losing to Cameroon is as meaningless as France's reserves losing to Tunisia.

Now it gets really good. Senegal will be a tough nut to crack for England. I am expecting a similar result to England v Cameroon at Italia 90.

I don't think Brazil have been tested yet. At the very least the Cameroon defeat shows the strength in depth isnt there.

It'll be interesting to see how they fare under adversity if they go a goal down. Personally, I think they'll be shell-shocked. I get the sense they believe their own hype a bit too much, like Spain after the 7-0  win. Hubris before the fall.

Here's hoping. 

Edited by jmjhb

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

:D I wondered who the first straw clutcher would be. Brazils reserves losing to Cameroon is as meaningless as France's reserves losing to Tunisia.

Now it gets really good. Senegal will be a tough nut to crack for England. I am expecting a similar result to England v Cameroon at Italia 90.

You sound like a scotland fan.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

End of the road for the convicts and yanks today

Not too sure about USA v Holland 

Been impressed by the US, less so by the Dutch 

My money is on the US in ET or penalties 

• Moderators
12 hours ago, jmjhb said:

Just shows there are no outstanding teams in this World Cup.

No-one got maximum points. Only 5 unbeaten teams left.

Tbf the group stage rarely sees an outstanding team who goes on to win it 

This group stage has been highly entertaining though

23 minutes ago, Mantra said:

In the Cameroon Brazil game

the guy who scored the winning goal took his shirt off celebrating and got a second yellow for it 😂

At that stage, if Serbia had equalised both Cameroon and Switzerland would have been on 4 pts with a GD of 0. They'd also be tied on goals scored (4)

Imagine if Serbia got that late equaliser -  and Switzerland had gone through on the basis of their better disciplinary record?

National hero to zero.