Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1 Blackpool 1

Big E

I can't see why it would bother anyone either way tbh. If they did pay it would be peanuts I imagine and good advertisement for both club and company.

Not sure why anyone would need/be arsed to question this deal. Each to their own I suppose.

Right, this isn't a dig at the club, this is a dig at Bolton at Home. I know people who have been offered social housing by them and when they say yes they get it in the state it was left in. Now, I'm sure if that was a private landlord folk would be up in arms, and rightly so. Bolton at home, should they be spending money on sponsorship be using that to do what any responsible landlord should for a tenant and that is to ensure the house is clean and in a good state. I think even the numerous bedwetters on here would agree.

Right, this isn't a dig at the club, this is a dig at Bolton at Home. I know people who have been offered social housing by them and when they say yes they get it in the state it was left in. Now, I'm sure if that was a private landlord folk would be up in arms, and rightly so. Bolton at home, should they be spending money on sponsorship be using that to do what any responsible landlord should for a tenant and that is to ensure the house is clean and in a good state. I think even the numerous bedwetters on here would agree.

They are a private landlord.

So you think letting out a property without first ensuring it is clean and well maintained is ok?

No. I agree that is incredibly poor.

I don't know how common place that is in social housing, I just suspect it happens quite a lot though. I was on the rental rat race 15 years ago before I could buy (not social housing though) and I was shocked at the state of most places I went to look at. Can only imagine that is worse when looking at social housing.

B@H aren't a charity they're a not for profit social housing company that used to run the council's housing stock. As is common across the country, my home is rented off Bury's version Six Town Housing.

Then a few years ago, to access more funding for improving the houses currently in existence and to build new housing, they took over ownership of the properties as well.

They already sponsor the north stand and work with the club on community projects (they have done for a few years iirc)

No. I agree that is incredibly poor.

I don't know how common place that is in social housing, I just suspect it happens quite a lot though. I was on the rental rat race 15 years ago before I could buy (not social housing though) and I was shocked at the state of most places I went to look at. Can only imagine that is worse when looking at social housing.

Our place was a fucking dump when we moved in.

Due to the wife's illness and a helpful housing officer we managed to get 2 weeks to clean and decorate before we moved out of our old council flat.

My Dad, father in law and me did all the work ourselves.

Unless you pay extra on your rent (probably still less than most private rents) you don't get it decorated.

B@H aren't a charity they're a not for profit social housing company that used to run the council's housing stock. As is common across the country, my home is rented off Bury's version Six Town Housing.

Then a few years ago, to access more funding for improving the houses currently in existence and to build new housing, they took over ownership of the properties as well.

They already sponsor the north stand and work with the club on community projects (they have done for a few years iirc)

They are a registered charity.