Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pre -Season Games

Mounts Kipper

I've been told my first ever game was a preseason in Germany, so I'm guessing it was 74 when we were living out there.

Apparently the Germans were amused by me throwing my baby bottle. Started young me :D

....or was it a World Cup game? I'll have to ask the olds.

Euro finals in 78 ? Think that was when we went to Frankfurt to see England lose to Russia.

Amazed at how poor our club's PR department is at keeping fans informed, the B.E.N seem to know more about the pre season tour then they do. Have contacted both, waiting for responses.

Tbf it will affect about 3 people. Not a big deal.

Went to Paderborn with Garrp last season, it's a decent little ground with standing.

Flying Ryanair to Dortmund and then jump a train from Dortmund's main station

Not really that much to do in Paderborn. There aren't that many boozers, so I would suggest a half day in Dortmund and a half day in Paderborn in the evening.

Went to Paderborn with Garrp last season, it's a decent little ground with standing.

Flying Ryanair to Dortmund and then jump a train from Dortmund's main station

Not really that much to do in Paderborn. There aren't that many boozers, so I would suggest a half day in Dortmund and a half day in Paderborn in the evening.

No ze swan or hogvorts in p town. How dissapointing?

Flying Ryanair to Dortmund and then jump a train from Dortmund's main station

The match isnt in Paderborn though unfortunately.

Well, the match is almost upon us, Atherton Collieries V Bolton Wanderers XI, thank you very much to those who have purchased tickets and to those who may choose to turn up on the day, everyone will be made welcome and we are hoping for a good atmosphere, like we used to create at pre season friendlies throughout the 70's and 80's

Enjoy the day

• Moderators

Get down early, avoid the queues. Rumours that the crowd will be pushing a thousand, should be a good day.

Anyone enjoying themselves and craving competitive football can catch the Bolton Hospital Cup tie with Tempest United on Monday 13th July at 7.30.

Well, the match is almost upon us, Atherton Collieries V Bolton Wanderers XI, thank you very much to those who have purchased tickets and to those who may choose to turn up on the day, everyone will be made welcome and we are hoping for a good atmosphere, like we used to create at pre season friendlies throughout the 70's and 80's

Enjoy the day

Have you got a half and half scarf, R?