Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Here We Go - Itk Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter

I wonder if we have any scouts on the lookout for the next vardy or non league "superstar". There must be a few roaming the bobbly fields somewhere

Genius! With ideas like that, you should be working for the club! I doubt any other team in the country has thought of looking for brilliant but cheap players! Have you sent this idea to any professional football clubs?!? You'll be a millionaire!

Vardy worked his way up the leagues until he was in the Conference, which is basically professional football. At that point, a player of his calibre is out of our price range. I doubt we scout the Conf North or Evostik.

I recall Wolves scouting John Richards. He had just taken the school's season record from 40 goals to 60, and was playing for Lancashire Schools in a holiday camp tournament.

The scout reported that he was one-footed, selfish, couldn't pass or tackle, and had scored 6 in the opening 28 minutes.

The response was "Sign him - we can iron out the faults, but a goalscorer is a goalscorer".

Vardy worked his way up the leagues until he was in the Conference, which is basically professional football. At that point, a player of his calibre is out of our price range. I doubt we scout the Conf North or Evostik.

I occasionally watched Vardy in that time, he stood out head & shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. Looking back I thought he might make it to the Championship, which he obviously did via Fleetwood, though to do so well in the Prem & make the England squad..... Well fair play to the lad. He's obviously worked hard & not let it go to his head & continues to work hard.

Lee Gregory who came next out of the Shay, jumped straight to the Championship with Millwall, apparently it did go to his head & may struggle to be any better than where he is now. Shame, because he too looked very good, though a different style of striker.

• Moderators

Lee Gregory who came next out of the Shay, jumped straight to the Championship with Millwall, apparently it did go to his head & may struggle to be any better than where he is now. Shame, because he too looked very good, though a different style of striker.

still be worth a gamble for the best part of nowt

Genius! With ideas like that, you should be working for the club! I doubt any other team in the country has thought of looking for brilliant but cheap players! Have you sent this idea to any professional football clubs?!? You'll be a millionaire!

They couldnt afford me.

• Site Supporter

You were much less of a bitch when you were a girl.

• 2 weeks later...