Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Here We Go - Itk Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

No, it is us who'll have to pay. Board to organise.

This transfer fee, if it is £2M is possibly more than we'll generate in gate receipts this season. Even with this money, I'll bet we're still massively short on the wage bill. So sadly, anybody we can sell, we will, it's OK arguing we should demand more, but in Holdings case we needed to cash in and not risk him leaving for nothing.

I've said it before, this season is about the club surviving first and foremost, whilst we still have some of the high earners here, that's still going to be a challenge

This transfer fee, if it is £2M is possibly more than we'll generate in gate receipts this season. Even with this money, I'll bet we're still massively short on the wage bill. So sadly, anybody we can sell, we will, it's OK arguing we should demand more, but in Holdings case we needed to cash in and not risk him leaving for nothing.

I've said it before, this season is about the club surviving first and foremost, whilst we still have some of the high earners here, that's still going to be a challenge

I get all that but every penny extra helps us get back up the leagues we've not got anywhere near a true market value getting relegated ment we couldn't offer him what he's worth and the state ED left us in means we're just fire fighting.

I agree. Just pointing out that wages will have to come from fan income - there's no other meaningful income.

• Site Supporter

I don't know - £2,000,000 in the bank means a lot to us at the moment. Especially for a player who is out of contract in less than 12 months.

You need a lot of things in order to get out of this league - and I'd argue that a relatively inexperienced ball playing central defender at 20 years old is pretty far down the list.

This - with big fucking bells on!

We're in Division 3 folks. There's no comparison whatsoever to made with Hanley (4/5 seasons under his belt), also no one knows what agreements/clauses/add ins have been inserted in the deal. KA (formerly swears Ken), appears to be a good negotiator, I'm actually warming to the chap.

Christ, some folk need to wobble there heads.

• Site Supporter

This - with big fucking bells on!

We're in Division 3 folks. There's no comparison whatsoever to made with Hanley (4/5 seasons under his belt), also no one knows what agreements/clauses/add ins have been inserted in the deal. KA (formerly swears Ken), appears to be a good negotiator, I'm actually warming to the chap.

Christ, some folk need to wobble there heads.

There will likely be some whopping clauses to the deal

I have heard we can take any of their reserves on loan whenever we want, in football world it is known as the Cahill Clause.

If we don't have to pay their wages that would be a good deal....if we do, then it's a non starter

Come on then - spill th'beans

He probably loves it as it gets people talking (like this), but some examples from the last 24 hours or so...

"Life is simple, don't make it complicated #£"

"It looks like it's going to be a bite my tongue night #ZachClough"

"Opposite of virtue is vice"

Could be related to a Clough injury, a possible transfer or neither, but it certainly gets him the attention I'm sure he's looking for!