Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Here We Go - Itk Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Wheater has probably been signed as experienced cover at the back so can't see him being on big money. I'm not sure it's a good move though, he has looked way off the pace but if he gets fit again who knows. A big if though I reckon.

I heard he went to Wigan as they were interested but he told them he wasn't coming back. Wasn't impressed with them as a club at all.

He's been relegated twice with us ffs.

Another one part of the losing culture.

My enthusiasm for this season is waining rapidly.

This - definition of idiotic doing the same thing over again and expecting a different outcome

The clear out we were craving just hasn't happened I fear for us now I genuinely do

This - definition of idiotic doing the same thing over again and expecting a different outcome

The clear out we were craving just hasn't happened I fear for us now I genuinely do

That's actually Einstein's definition of insanity, but the message is the same.

In contrast though, I'm actually looking forward to this season. Life's too short to worry about this kind of stuff.

Of all the players who've let us down over the past couple of seasons - David Wheater is right down the list for me. Decent player - chips in with a fair share of goals and seems like a good lad. Injuries aside I've always thought he was alright.

Thats the key thing for me a fit Wheater and perhaps we wouldn't have been quite as in the shit.

Who in the fucking memory of warped football brains and ego trips ever saw Wheater as a striker? They want pulling through with razor wire. Good signing IMO as long as he stays fit and doesn't play up front, ever.

• Site Supporter

I'd rather have Wheater in the back 4 than Dervite any day of the week. We got a decent return of games out of him last season and he put in some top performances, Hull and Blackburn particularly.

If our new fitness coach not only keeps him fit but gets him even fitter, he will be one of the best defenders in the league. Just need to shift Trotter, Davies and Pratley in return for a striker, right back and wide player

I'm not saying I agree that keeping the players is ideal but there is an important flaw in using that phrase of doing the same thing

It relies on there being similar if not identical conditions

We are in a different division with a different Manager and owner. And we appear to have moved on all that we can ad signed all that we can / are allowed to / can afford

I think it's fair to say that we aren't just doing the same thing and expecting a different result

I'm not saying I agree that keeping the players is ideal but there is an important flaw in using that phrase of doing the same thing

It relies on there being similar if not identical conditions

We are in a different division with a different Manager and owner. And we appear to have moved on all that we can ad signed all that we can / are allowed to / can afford

I think it's fair to say that we aren't just doing the same thing and expecting a different result[/quote

Fair comment - time will tell but if we don't start well or hit choppy waters we'll be fragile as fuck based on fact and track record these players have no stomach for a fight - can a manager change that? I don't know

• Site Supporter

Good signing getting Wheater back now we need to get rid of Dervite and bloody Mark Davies!

Agree about Dervite, hes not needed and wage bill we could do without.

Davis on his day is possibly the most talented midfield player in League 1 and the Championship. This "type" of player will not benefit from being in an under-performing, confidence lacking team, with a clueless Manager, But with a team doing well and gaining confidence by the week, and a new Manager willing to realise and unleash his potential, he could be key to unlock many a stubborn defence.

Davis on his day is possibly the most talented midfield player in League 1 and the Championship. 

We've been hearing this line trotted out for the last 5 or 6 years, and he's failed to perform in that time. Do we keep hold of him and hope that he might string two of three good games together......maybe next season we can say that "on his day" hes the most talented player in the bottom division.

I hope we can get rid of him as soon as possible, he's the player that I want out of the club more than any other