Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Here We Go - Itk Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

I'm not saying I agree that keeping the players is ideal but there is an important flaw in using that phrase of doing the same thing

It relies on there being similar if not identical conditions

We are in a different division with a different Manager and owner. And we appear to have moved on all that we can ad signed all that we can / are allowed to / can afford

I think it's fair to say that we aren't just doing the same thing and expecting a different result[/quote

Fair comment - time will tell but if we don't start well or hit choppy waters we'll be fragile as fuck based on fact and track record these players have no stomach for a fight - can a manager change that? I don't know

Indeed. I think momentum is really important (especially with this particular group who seem to struggle when the chips are down), so a good starting month could make all the difference

Davies has morphed into a shit Ray Wilkins. He can feck right off as far as I'm concerned,

As others have said he spent last season hiding. For a supposedly creative attacking midfielder, picking the ball up off the centre half and playing it 10 yards to the full back for 90 minutes is the very definition of hiding. 

Wheater - I like him. I like him even more now he aint on silly money.

We've been hearing this line trotted out for the last 5 or 6 years, and he's failed to perform in that time. Do we keep hold of him and hope that he might string two of three good games together......maybe next season we can say that "on his day" hes the most talented player in the bottom division.

I hope we can get rid of him as soon as possible, he's the player that I want out of the club more than any other

Madine for me

I can see plenty of arguments about him this season.

He will get enough scrappy goals for folk to defend him.

If he gets over 10 goals and contributes with assists and shows effort you'd like to think the anti-Madine brigade will shut up and put up.

If we are judging on performances I think Trotter has done ok since he came back mid way through last season and he offers more than Vela or Davies IMO.

Mind boggling decision by Lennon to drop him for Rotherham at home last season but he helped to win the game when he came on.

• Site Supporter

trotter needs to play, most dynamic player we have. 

vela goes backwards with every game he plays - no idea what happened to him.

pratley is the tough one for me. he sweats white and blue. but im just not sure he has the quality now.

trotter needs to play, most dynamic player we have.

vela goes backwards with every game he plays - no idea what happened to him.

pratley is the tough one for me. he sweats white and blue. but im just not sure he has the quality now.

I'm also thinking Trotter might be very good this season it'll depend on where PP plays him think I'd have him in front of the back 4 where that leaders JS I don't know.

I still can't work out which midfield position is best for both Trotter & Pratley. I thought when Pratley had his best spell for us a couple of seasons ago, he was playing in a more sitting midfield position, maybe that's his best position? Trotter seems to be better in a more advanced midfield roll, but it is worrying that having these kind of players, we're still no wiser to which is their best position.

I still can't work out which midfield position is best for both Trotter & Pratley. I thought when Pratley had his best spell for us a couple of seasons ago, he was playing in a more sitting midfield position, maybe that's his best position? Trotter seems to be better in a more advanced midfield roll, but it is worrying that having these kind of players, we're still no wiser to which is their best position.

Pratley looked best for us out on the left side of an attacking 3. Trotter is best going forwards, he will never make a holding midfield player in his life.

They both tend to work best as part of a 3 but with those 2, Davies, Spearing and Vela to fit in plus Derek of PP sees him in 'the Campo role' where he played towards the end of the season.

Central midfield is an area we are still bloated with top wage earners. And aside from Taylor do we have any proper width in the squad?

If he gets over 10 goals and contributes with assists and shows effort you'd like to think the anti-Madine brigade will shut up and put up.

Well, he was beyond wank last year and was a soft cunt to go with it.

It hasn't made you shut up and put up has it?

Edited by jules_darby

Well, he was beyond wank last year and was a soft cunt to go with it.

It hasn't made you shut up and put up has it?

I'm not sure if being positive during a negative time justifies others being negative during a positive time. Especially in our situation

I'm not sure if being positive during a negative time justifies others being negative during a positive time. Especially in our situation

And I'm not sure you really know what you're getting at.

For the record I've backed the likes of Pratley and others as I feel that despite obvious shortcomings he's given hes best for our club at all times.

Madine has shown unprofessionalism and a real lack of stomach for any fight.

Results get adoration of course, but when the chips are down, generally second chances from "fans" are earned by application and passion.

If Madine scores 10 I will be very neutral towards him and unless he changes "upastairs" he'll still be a cunt

If he scores 20 and we go up I'll happily buy him a pint and give him a reacharound

I won't feel bad about calling him a soft cunt, flat track bully now though, because that is exactly what he's been

That's football pal, it's fickle. 

Just out of interest, a question for all the "get Davies out" brigade...

If he was on 7k instead of 17k, would you feel the same?

Yes, at this stage, even if he was on £700 per week I'd want him gone  -  he's an utter bawbag

Edited by Sweep