Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Here We Go - Itk Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Not going off yesterday's signings. Alnwick has signed on a permanent deal and is 29, youngish for a keeper. Thorpe is only 23 and out of contract at the end of his loan with us. Henry is 27 and is out of contract next summer and Ameobi is only 24 and he's also out of contract next summer. I think it's very clever by BWFC, if they don't impress, fook them off, if they impress and like it here, get them signed up in the summer for fook all!

All good BUT it's our players on loan that remain on contract next season that might be the issue we need them to impress so we can ship em out to make room alla Amos Wilkinson but what will be will be - terrific window onwards and upwards

All good BUT it's our players on loan that remain on contract next season that might be the issue we need them to impress so we can ship em out to make room alla Amos Wilkinson but what will be will be - terrific window onwards and upwards

Nothing to worry about. Plenty of players out of contract in the summer and plenty on big money too. I stand to be corrected like.

Buxton, Moxey, Dervite, Vela, Spearing, Madine, M Davies, Trotter, Clayton, Lawrie Wilson, Wheater & Tom Walker.

We needed a back up keeper and numbers to bolster the squad - sorted.

Time will tell but optimistic that Ameobi will be a big threat and Henry should shine also.  

Woolery, Wilkinson and Walker are no great loss so very pleased with business.  

Article in the BN says we got around 200K for Woolery with a few clauses included.

I think he was out of contract at the end of the season wasn't he? - if so, then £200K for him isn't a bad deal, especially as you would expect there is a sell on clause in there.

Remember, £200K is pretty much the equivalent of a home game ticket receipts for us these days  :|

KA's son also praising Iles on twitter. I thought Iles seemed to be on the ball with our potential signings on deadline day. Nixon was on another planet and he didn't see our signings coming.

Time to fook Nixon off me thinks! (I always thought he had a chip on his shoulder anyway with regards to BWFC)

Edited by Blondi

• Moderators

Jury is out on lies coverage of deadline day

A good few deals were done early as shown by the daylight photos are interviews

If he was asked to keep quiet, fair enough

If he didn't know, he's the cock I think he is

Jury is out on lies coverage of deadline day

A good few deals were done early as shown by the daylight photos are interviews

If he was asked to keep quiet, fair enough

If he didn't know, he's the cock I think he is

Think Iles is a cock...but to be fair...the paper must have known about the signings early and kept them quiet so we could ship players out.

Based on comments today on Woolery alone that was worth £200k.

The weird thing about the transfer deadline day is that if you look at all the pics from the players holding the shirts and smiling, they look like they were taken at 12 noon, yet nothing is reported or its all specualtion until 8pm when everything is announce and then it becomes "breaking news".

The weird thing about the transfer deadline day is that if you look at all the pics from the players holding the shirts and smiling, they look like they were taken at 12 noon, yet nothing is reported or its all specualtion until 8pm when everything is announce and then it becomes "breaking news".

Deals done in principle but not announced.

Everyone knew we needed to ship out before bringing people in, pretending we were happy to 'go with what we've got' strengthened our hand in negotiations - rumoured extra £100k for Woolery for a kick off and maybe smaller percentage of wages paid for players loaned out if applicable. 

• Moderators

Deals done in principle but not announced.

Everyone knew we needed to ship out before bringing people in, pretending we were happy to 'go with what we've got' strengthened our hand in negotiations - rumoured extra £100k for Woolery for a kick off and maybe smaller percentage of wages paid for players loaned out if applicable.

So that lad from palace could've come up, had all the pitch side photos holding the scarf etc done and then been sent back home had we not shifted Woolery?

So that lad from palace could've come up, had all the pitch side photos holding the scarf etc done and then been sent back home had we not shifted Woolery?

Probably not Zico, but we may have had to shift Woolery for the £100k less Wigan had offered 24 hrs previously had we shown our hand.

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

• 2 weeks later...