Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Toughest Wanderers Players? (Last 20 Years)

leef78

Looking over the "wee push" video, no doubt that Big John wasn't shy with having it out on the pitch.

Who else would say was no nonsense player as such.

Stig Tofting?

SKD?

Gerry Taggart?

Who and why... discuss. 

A London White who went to some poorly (away) attended Chelsea game remembers Stig  turning up with the Bolton fans alongside some dodgy looking Danish mates. As the Chelsea lot were giving our lot grief during the game (presumably for being well ahead) Stig was seen pointing and making eye contact with cockney piss takers and giving it the slit throat gesture.

[media]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQplyhbKUi4[/media]

I remember thinking fairclough was a beast back in the day

Taggart for running the length of the pitch to join in a ruck.

Stig for being a complete mentalist.

Andy todd for being a mentalist and only getting picked because his dad was manager.

Kevin Davies for not being a soft as shit Nancy boy.

I remember thinking fairclough was a beast back in the day

Taggart for running the length of the pitch to join in a ruck.

Stig for being a complete mentalist.

Andy todd for being a mentalist and only getting picked because his dad was manager.

Kevin Davies for not being a soft as shit Nancy boy.

:good:

taggart for me.remember an all out brawl in our goal mouth with taggart and hartson

taggart rose victorious to take his red card and then saluted the fans

Not sure if you are confused or this was another occasion but at West Ham away, mad Gerry emerged from a melee in their goalmouth with 6ft5 Craig Forrest (their keeper) by the throat

He was subsequently sent off

It was right in front of us in the away end

Not sure if you are confused or this was another occasion but at West Ham away, mad Gerry emerged from a melee in their goalmouth with 6ft5 Craig Forrest (their keeper) by the throat

He was subsequently sent off

It was right in front of us in the away end

Think that was his last game before starting a ban, meaning his 3 game suspension got extended to 7 or something daft like that?

I remember once reading a tale about Mark Gavin, remember him? Skinny winger back in the 80's. Apparently some Bolton fans were getting slapped off some York City fans at Bootham Crescent and Gavin witnessed this, he came steaming over, wearing his suit and waded into the York fans, that's class!

Andy Todd would take some beating in a street fight though, pretty sure he was a black belt in Karate and mix that with him being a nutter, can't see him coming worse off tbh.

• Site Supporter

I remember once reading a tale about Mark Gavin, remember him? Skinny winger back in the 80's. Apparently some Bolton fans were getting slapped off some York City fans at Bootham Crescent and Gavin witnessed this, he came steaming over, wearing his suit and waded into the York fans, that's class!

Andy Todd would take some beating in a street fight though, pretty sure he was a black belt in Karate and mix that with him being a nutter, can't see him coming worse off tbh.

I was sat near Gavin that day when he came over in to the stand. I was only about 12 at the time so my memory is a bit hazy of the day but I seem to remember it was only handbags and over with in no time. The game just as forgettable too, think we lost by a couple and it was probably our relegation season - late on too, April time