Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fifa Arrests

freds dad

Sepp Blatter has said that Qatar remains the birthplace of football, no matter what the investigations show. It is right that Qatar will host the 2022 world cup, it has a long tradition in the beautiful game. Some players such as Rooney and Ronaldo, though, have said that they are sickened by FIFA`s culture of greed. 

Not much chance of UEFA being united against Blatter and boycotting world cup if reports are true, 13 UEFA countries voted for Blatter! Including France (surprise surprise), Spain & more predictably Russia.

One hope is that the vote for Blatter was due to the lack of faith in the other guys abilities.

I don't think FIFA can reform. I don't think it can be rebuilt. The only thing that can happen now is a breakaway by the big countries to move out of FIFA. However as above there doesn't seem to be a united front from UEFA countries, who are the most likely to breakaway and be effective in doing so.

No other organisation in the world could have gone through the last weeks events and just essentially shrugged its shoulders and carried on. FIFA have. They can't and will never do anything else. Not in their current form. I feel it might be up to the English, Scottish, Welsh FA's etc to start putting things in motion.

Guest Blixa

Blatter showing exactly why he is in charge. Still coming out fighting and in charge after all this happened this week.

That's why some folk like him. He doesn't buckle under pressure from the big federations. If anything, his support is probably stronger from it.

I thought about this and I don't think I care about who runs fifa. As ridiculous as it was, blatter getting in? He did democratically and with ease.

As a nation we do come across a bit pathetic on this issue to the rest of the world I would imagine.

As this doesn't effect bwfc in anyway, I'm struggling to give a shit

I don't think England and Home Nations should lead the battle against Blatter. We've made it crystal we want him gone but if we organise the boycott rest of the world will say typical British telling us what to do especially the third world countries (and France). We should let the Germans to lead it and then support them so we don't just get accused of sour grapes over the failed bid. If the Germans hopefully along with the Dutch, Italians, Scandinavians etc are up for it and walk the walk then that's what it needs along with others who dislike Blatter and his cronies like the USA maybe. Otherwise best to just stay put and let FIFA implode then they can blame Europe rather than just us and if Europe is united then we can give the two fingers to the rest of the world over international football.

I thought about this and I don't think I care about who runs fifa. As ridiculous as it was, blatter getting in? He did democratically and with ease.

As a nation we do come across a bit pathetic on this issue to the rest of the world I would imagine.

As this doesn't effect bwfc in anyway, I'm struggling to give a shit

Yep, where I'm at.

He is objectionable, but, at the moment, he doesn't seem to have done anything wrong

Apart from being in charge at one of the most corrupt organisations of the last 100 years? Are you really saying he doesn't or shouldn't carry the can for that?

Apart from being in charge at one of the most corrupt organisations of the last 100 years? Are you really saying he doesn't or shouldn't carry the can for that?

No, what I'm saying is "innocent until proven guilty"

He should probably have the common decency to resign, but it's probably not in his make up

Edited by boltondiver

Guest Blixa

It only matters if you give a shit about the UK getting another World Cup. If, like me, you happen to be indifferent, then it isn't an issue. If you do, it is.

Ok, they might bring in some stupid rule change now and again, but by and large nothing really changes. If the World Cup is somewhere daft, I'll just stay up later to watch it on the box.

It only matters if you give a shit about the UK getting another World Cup. If, like me, you happen to be indifferent, then it isn't an issue. If you do, it is.

Ok, they might bring in some stupid rule change now and again, but by and large nothing really changes. If the World Cup is somewhere daft, I'll just stay up later to watch it on the box.

Qatar was a step too far for me. Utterly barmy decision, the money was all that mattered. It was awarded on the basis of a summer world cup (never going to happen), didn't have enough host cities so they just ignored that,  the safety of players, supporters and migrant workers not an issue. Bent as fuck but as long as Blatter keeps giving them a bone they love him for it.I'm finished with international football, used to love the World Cup as well but now bollocks to it.