Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fifa Arrests

freds dad

Guest Blixa

As pointed out by Malc, the Russian world cup kind of makes sense, I see no issue with it. The Qatar obe makes no sense at all, I reckon it'll be shifted to Australia

True and politically, pulling the World Cup from Russia with the work half completed is a very bad move. Especially if it ends up with us.

Our culture secretary is making us look like a real arrogant set of twats and bad losers by saying we would be ready to step in for Qatar. Statements like that simply give credence to what the Africans and Asians think of us. He should keep quiet and let things develop.

Our culture secretary is making us look like a real arrogant set of twats and bad losers by saying we would be ready to step in for Qatar. Statements like that simply give credence to what the Africans and Asians think of us. He should keep quiet and let things develop.

He can also fuck off. If we are Fifa's back up plan because of our existing stadia and facilities we'll never get the gig through a bidding process on merit.

• Moderators

What legal case did they have, ref missed a handball .. not the first time it happend and it will not be the last

Exactly

Seems to me the Irish knew there was cash to be had and went for it

I'm torn here.

It's great news that Fifa are being exposed but who the fuck do the US think they are?

The only nation that are capable and have the bollocks to sort something out instead hiding behind red tape and democratic bull shit.

The only nation that are capable and have the bollocks to sort something out instead hiding behind red tape and democratic bull shit.

Aye, granted. But imagine the stink if they had won the 2022 and Russia turned round and said they were investigating it.

Like my nipper always says, who the fuck made you boss?

• Site Supporter

6 out of 12 all guess work!

As for the Oirish thing, it's easy to see why they took the money, the chances of ever playing the game again would of resulted in huge changes of retrospective action and video technology. From the other side Ireland knew they wouldnt get a replay so took the cash.

If that was the FA the bedsheets and grey marls would be out with pitch forks at Lancaster Gate.

There will be more to come,some imagine some English involving Bert Millichip or Graham Kelly :D

Blatter gave an undertaking that England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland could continue to field 4 separate teams, despite being one nation, while he was in charge. His legacy will be to ensure his successor does not follow suit. England will be no more. (Although I think Scotland may have a team sharpish.)

Guest Blixa

Blatter is going nowhere.

Not due to leave until next year - and by then he will have had a change of heart after the initial storm has been ridden out.