Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Preston 0 Wanderers 0

burnden

That was my first lesson that if you leave early you might miss a goal, left burnden terrace near 90 mins then heard the cheers as walking across the cat park as the fifth went in

Was genuinely gutted as unless you remembered to set the video you may not see the goal for some time, ie end of season compilation

Mark Winstanley iirc?

Brilliant day, one of the best at Burnden. Really thought we had hit the big time being back in our current league. The Rioch 3 years were easily my favourite times watching Bolton and I include the European years in saying that. Nothing better than coming out the doldrums and giving some big teams a bloody nose in the cup

And playing some cracking passing football with (initially) 3rd division players. I still love to play my DVD of the League Cup 1st leg game at Ipswich.

Edited by Rembrandt

Fair fucks you LH/Salford lot. Thought I had it tough over this way but growing up surrounded by united/city lot couldn't have been easy.

Fair play for sticking it out,bet there's not many kids see it through nowadays

At my junior school in the sixties (St Joseph's) I was the only Bolton supporter that I was aware of.

A few more at secondary school (St. George's including the deputy head) but overwhelmingly reds. When they won the European cup at a time when we were in free fall was difficult but the difference was that I actually went, home and away, that earned me respect from the red tossers! I have issues with them, only whites brought up living amongst them will understand.

At my junior school in the sixties (St Joseph's) I was the only Bolton supporter that I was aware of.

A few more at secondary school (St. George's including the deputy head) but overwhelmingly reds. When they won the European cup at a time when we were in free fall was difficult but the difference was that I actually went, home and away, that earned me respect from the red tossers! I have issues with them, only whites brought up living amongst them will understand.

Exactly same for me no one but no one I dislike more than Utd, when your swimming against a red tide as a kid it's something that never ever leaves you.

:lol: funny seeing fat frank before he was fat, bottom right of the screen 1;16 in, I remember seeing him that day I think i hugged him :glare:

Remember going to Gillingham away on a coach he was on one season in the eighties he was busting for a pee but coach driver wouldn't stop so he tried to piss in an empty beer bottle, his aim was shite :angry2:

Don't remember much about the game. I do remember wondering why lads were climbing the burnden terrace fencing when the gates were open. Those police horses steamed in near me and one lad had an epileptic fit. Did one of their lot climb the floodlight pylon during the game or did I dream it?