Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Preston 0 Wanderers 0

burnden

3,000 will still be a poor following and clearly illustrates that we are not as big a club as some think.

The 6PM kick off (On Sky) and our simply awful away form, are clearly factors though.

It's amazingly piss poor.

Boro are taking about 8k to Old Trafford tonight and Blackburn will 5k at Preston easy.

The 6pm KO should add to the figure. It's a Saturday FFS.

Never thought we'd sell 5k in the memory of man but 3k is crap.

Me too. We're not there yet though, and like I say, if it's pay on the day that'll boost it. I'm surprised you were convinced we wouldn't take 5k gonzo - we always did to Wigan, certainly first few times even for shit ko times, and even last few seasons 4 or 4.5k. Our away support has generally held up very well this past 4 awful years - and is definitely better than Blackburn's. These things sometimes come in cycles tho - Boro's used to be decidedly average and now they're taking loads everywhere. Something to shout about always helps, mind.

We should be though. Crap turn out. Decent priced tickets, local derby, a generation not been to deepdale etc etc. I thought we would of done this easily

We're bottom of the league. While some people might like the idea of a day piss up, a good number of regulars probably don't. Given the opportunity of saving a few quid to watch us lose on the telly of spending a few quid to watch us lose live, the stay at homes will probably win.

If we were even mid-table it would be a very different turnout.

We're bottom of the league. While some people might like the idea of a day piss up, a good number of regulars probably don't. Given the opportunity of saving a few quid to watch us lose on the telly of spending a few quid to watch us lose live, the stay at homes will probably win.

If we were even mid-table it would be a very different turnout.

Yes I factor this in, but it's still a poor turn out.

Yes I factor this in, but it's still a poor turn out

I disagree, considering our position and its on TV halloween parties maybe a small factor for some, how many other north west clubs(outside the premiership bigger ones)   would take this many?

I am going but if i am honest its more to do with the fact my Bolton supporting mate lives in Longridge and we are staying out in Preston after than it is watching us lose again,  I think you are being harsh

Edited by plodwhite

11am turnout and a day on the piss with the lads, cheap tickets, our first away win of the season back in the pub after the game, or shopping then sit there on my own with a can of ale and no atmosphere watching the game on Sky. What's wrong with everybody its 20 minutes up the road, after that trip to QPR and missing the train back from Boro this is a fucking dream.

Blackburn are not a better supported club than us never have been never will be, you only have to see their home support to see that, trouble is at the moment a lot of our fans are just pi**ed off with the club/team, and travelling any distance to watch them seems like a chore, I have a season ticket have done since the 70's I love the club but even i have woke up some saturdays and had to really force my self to go, that said I still think our away support stands up with most clubs around us.

Edited by plodwhite

Blackburn are not a better supported club than us never have been never will be, you only have to see their home support to see that.

Do you?

Have you been to any of our home games?

Our attendances compared to Blackburn are pretty similar.

I can never understand our fans cock waving when it comes to Blackburn and their support. We are both equally as crap.

We give thousands of tickets away to kids football clubs,ethnic minorities and youth schemes every week to bump our figures up for a start.

Do you?

I can never understand our fans cock waving when it comes to Blackburn and their support. We are both equally as crap.

We give thousands of tickets away to kids football clubs,ethnic minorities and youth schemes every week to bump our figures up for a start.

What was the figure last season, was it less than 10K "paying" home supporters averaged across the season?

Edited by Sweep

Do you?

yes i do, both home and away we have always had better support other than when they bought the premiership with walkers money and had a ground full of NEW fans.

I also dont agree our support is "crap" given the clubs in our area and live Premiership football every other dayon TV I think we do reasonablly well, all clubs lose support when things are going badly.

We certainly don't give thousands away. According to ticket office we had just under 11k season ticket holders for this season. It is what it is. Burnley's support has been piss poor in recent years - they were getting 12k at start of this season having just come down from the Prem. Win a few games and they're up to about 15 or 16k now. That false dawn under Freedman at end of 2012-13 saw our crowds go up a fair bit...25k for the Blackpool match. The same will happen again when we turn the corner.

yes i do, both home and away we have always had better support other than when they bought the premiership with walkers money and had a ground full of NEW fans.

I also dont agree our support is "crap" given the clubs in our area and live Premiership football every other dayon TV I think we do reasonablly well, all clubs lose support when things are going badly.

Ridiculously hypocritical.

We bought our success just the same as them with ED's money and gained just as many part time fans that bailed when the shit hit the fan as them.

We had 10k on in 94. Two years later we had 18k. And at the reebok in the glory days we were pushing 27k. Now we are back to 10/11k. Just like Blackburn.

DJ...we've had this debate a million times. Yes we do give loads of tickets away. This is a fact. People through the door last season averaged 10k including away fans. Hardly wanking tackle.

Where did you get those figures from? They contradict what the club themselves say...unless some of those 11k season tickets are given away - something I find hard to believe. As someone who's had 25 season tickets I can honestly say I've never been offered any freebies.