Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Preston 0 Wanderers 0

burnden

I dont care what anyone says, a 3000+ following, no matter where you're playing, is decent when its on tele and you're bottom of the league! 

I agree, if it wasn't on Telly, then I might expect more, but 3K+ is an excellent effort considering our current plight

Not very veiled at all :D

I'm giving up a kids halloween party for this!

Whereas I foolishly gave the choice to my 8 year old of going to Preston or going to a Halloween party, at the house of a Blackpool fan, no less.

And just to top it off, not only is my other half going to Preston, but she's going in corporate as well!

Edited by Leyther_Matt

Not wishing to out-Malcolm Malcolm, but Stockton Heath were the forerunner to the current Warrington Town and, assuming you watched him after 1956, the ground is actually next to the Manchester Ship Canal, not the Bridgewater.

No. I don't think Roger Hunt could mistake the Manchester Ship Canal for a river. It was the second Stockton Lane ground that Wiki refers to. Emphatically Wiki is wrong in saying they moved to Cantilever Park in 1959.     I think Wiki's list misses out a ground (possibly the former Warrington RU ground), but Cantilever Park as a football ground did not exist in 1966 - of that I am certain.

Edited by MalcolmW

Fuck it. Plenty reasons not to go but I'm in if it's pay on the gate

It might have been answered previously but where's the nearest boozer to the station that allows away fans in. Not been to Preston for donkeys years so I've no idea of the layout of the town, where the pubs are, or even how to get to the ground, so I'm thinking that I'll just head for a boozer and follow Bolton's finest to the ground

Reet, for info, Preston plod are planning their normal big game plan tomorrow, which is sticking away fans int pub five mins from station (probably Assembly) then busses to the ground. If that's your cup of tea fine, if not either get there early or use your brains at the station. Personally I wouldn't fancy hours in there. Plus they're likely to stick you on said busses when they decide, not you!

Final votes in.

Grumpy not happy but the verdict is Preston.

Final lineup.

Grumpy

Pinocheo's Dad

Embankment

Early Dart

Slubbers pie man

Philias Fogg + 1

Dawwwnn Sarrrrfff

Shark

Sputnik Stan

Darwen's Finest.

Happy Ending

Ashburner Street Market Fish Stall Face.

1st wave sort pub .

2nd wave full breakfast . Rattler.

Taxi to pub.

Okkkkkayy

Reet, for info, Preston plod are planning their normal big game plan tomorrow, which is sticking away fans int pub five mins from station (probably Assembly) then busses to the ground. If that's your cup of tea fine, if not either get there early or use your brains at the station. Personally I wouldn't fancy hours in there. Plus they're likely to stick you on said busses when they decide, not you!

I'm guessing they'll round up a few wearing replica shirts & spouting off, but anyone who really wants to avoid this bollocks will do so. Any idea if they'll put buses on straight back to the station after the game ?, ... that might be useful.

Any idea if they'll put buses on straight back to the station after the game ?, ... that might be useful.

I was thinking this. Maybe I stuff a replica shirt in my pocket to put on later to ensure getting rounded up and thus a free taxi to the station post match

Final votes in.

Grumpy not happy but the verdict is Preston.

Final lineup.

Grumpy.

Pinocheo's Dad

Embankment

Early Dart

Slubbers pie man

Philias Fogg + 1

Dawwwnn Sarrrrfff

Shark

Sputnik Stan

Darwen's Finest.

Happy Ending

Ashburner Street Market Fish Stall Face.

1st wave sort pub .

2nd wave full breakfast . Rattler.

Taxi to pub.

Okkkkkayy

I would love 2 meet U lot because the humour is fantastic.