Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Preston 0 Wanderers 0

burnden

I just caught up on this thread.

You'll be amazed to learn that the referee has had some appalling reviews on this i/net thingy.

By coincidence, he is a policeman.

And harking back to Roger Hunt, I saw him play a Mid-Cheshire League match for Stockton Heath against ICI Alkali. He was MoM by a country mile, and the ground was not next to a river - it was the Bridgewater Canal.

And I think PG lived next door to Hunt (or someting like that) as a child in Glazebury.

I just caught up on this thread.

You'll be amazed to learn that the referee has had some appalling reviews on this i/net thingy.

By coincidence, he is a policeman.

And harking back to Roger Hunt, I saw him play a Mid-Cheshire League match for Stockton Heath against ICI Alkali. He was MoM by a country mile, and the ground was not next to a river - it was the Bridgewater Canal.

And I think PG lived next door to Hunt (or someting like that) as a child in Glazebury.

Not wishing to out-Malcolm Malcolm, but Stockton Heath were the forerunner to the current Warrington Town and, assuming you watched him after 1956, the ground is actually next to the Manchester Ship Canal, not the Bridgewater.

• Site Supporter

Not wishing to out-Malcolm Malcolm, but Stockton Heath were the forerunner to the current Warrington Town and, assuming you watched him after 1956, the ground is actually next to the Manchester Ship Canal, not the Bridgewater.

:shok:

• Site Supporter

Bridgewater Canal goes through Stockton Heath and Warrington Town are based in Latchford, admittedly next to the ship canal. I've got a feeling Malc might piss on your chips here. Fair play if not.

• Site Supporter

I know I always think we'll win and 1 look at the league table suggests I've been wrong every game bar 1 but I honestly think we will win.

Based on the performance at Burnley, a few players getting their match sharpness back after injury etc, 3000+ drunken Wanderers fans are going home happy tomorrow

And the thousands that could not be bother will be sat at home watching us drunken Wanderers celebrating.

Aye comon folks. It's pay on day. Half an hour away on train or you could drive in and out piss easy.

Old school ground with a town centre full of boozers walking distance(ish) away. Plenty of pubs en route too.

We may be down but far from out. Get involved.

This could be a special day and one we look at year to come as the turning point.

Let's stop the rot and get behind the bunch of fucking clowns.

Edited by gonzo

Aye comon folks. It's pay on day. Half an hour away on train or you could drive in and out piss easy.

Old school ground with a town centre full of boozers walking distance(ish) away. Plenty of pubs en route too.

We may be down but far from out. Get involved.

This could be a special day and one we look at year to come as the turning point.

Let's stop the rot and get behind the bunch of fucking clowns.

Thinly veiled I'm finally going to an away game

:D