Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Roverrrs V Bolton

fishbulb

Get to Darwen. Wetherspoons near Station. Plenty on way down to BolEwood.

Jesus, that's some walk that. I know I've got Ernie Wise legs but it's tucking miles. Plus the taxis in Darwen are shitter than Htown ones.

Its a fair walk but doesn't seem that far when you break it up with a few pubs. Done it a few times, worth doing if the weather is okay.

4 days to go yet. I'm going, but can't have a pop at those who don't want to pay £27 for a game on the telly. Whoever had the idea of dropping the reciprocal £15 deal wants to have a word with himself. They'll be lucky to get 15k on for one of the oldest derbies in football.

Its the cost of todays football unfortunately like it or lump it. I may of been critical of our support recently but other clubs manage it and our place isn't the cheapest we charged Blackburn on boxing day £28 and £33.

I will be lumping it then.

I will do away games where there is also a day out like Huddersfield and probably QPR, both will cost more than Rovers but I am not driving over paying £50+ for two of us when game is on telly and I am away with work 3 full days a week.

Surely for televised games especially those played in the evening it would make sense to use some of the money the clubs get for being televised to reduce ticket prices

Edited by Ani

• Moderators

friday night on tv....i am amazed we have sold so many

aye,  thinking back to the sat 5.30 ko at their place when vaz te fell over the ball clean through, we must've only took 500 or something