Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

• Members

Liked these comments:-

"The passion our UK fans have shown for the NFL is overwhelming," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. "We are very appreciative of the strong and growing fan support, not only for the games, but for all of the related NFL events we host in the UK throughout the year. We look forward to welcoming new fans to their first NFL game in 2016 and welcoming back thousands of others that are helping our sport grow to new levels of popularity in London and beyond."

At the conclusion of the 2016 season, either 23 or 24 teams will have played in London since the inception of the International Series in 2007. Since that time, the NFL has achieved accelerated growth in the UK. Sunday viewership of NFL games has more than doubled and the Super Bowl audience has increased more than 75 percent. The league also has developed new and stronger business partnerships and, according to internal research, has a UK fan base of more than 13 million.

Participation in amateur football in the UK has risen by approximately 15 percent per year since 2007, with the latest figures showing that 40,000 people age 16 or older play regularly.

• Members

Cam Newton is either going to end up as the greatest QB who ever lived, or get so utterly flattened by linemen one day that he'll spend his life eating porridge

Good value though

Great to watch. Only seen Favre over the last 20 years who had a similar disregard for staying unhurt.

I hope he becomes the greatest QB ever. Can't help but like the lad - even if his celebration dance is a bit OTT!

I only saw the 3rd quarter but yep, that was a pretty odd way to win a game. Though the QB has got to get used to the idea of throwing the ball to the lads in the same colour clothes as him. Hey ho. Gotta take em how they come when you're trying to ascend to the heights of finishing 5 and 11...

Edited by Maggie Tate

• Members

I only saw the 3rd quarter but yep, that was a pretty odd way to win a game. Though the QB has got to get used to the idea of throwing the ball to the lads in the same colour clothes as him. Hey ho. Gotta take em how they come when you're trying to ascend to the heights of finishing 5 and 11...

Believe it or not, I had a (small) 8.87 double on a Bolton-Brentford draw into a Ravens win. Obviously, when the Browns field goal attempt came around I had written the bet off. Couldn't believe what happened!

Obviously would have been happier with a Bolton win and losing a few dollars mind.

I could see it happening one day, I'm not sure they would be overly arsed about the time difference

Pretty sure they always kick off at 6pm EST (cos New York is the centre of the universe). So that'd be 11pm London.

One I went to was in california, kicked off at 3