Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

• Members

As some of you know, I played in the BAFL and Budweiser leagues in the UK for a couple of seasons plus a bit. I have been to four Packer games, 3 at Lambeau and one at Milwaukee County Stadium. Also been to Camp Randall a few times to watch the Wisconsin Badgers.

I have been watching this crazy game on TV since the mid 60's (few and far between then but really kicked off in the 80's when Channel 4 started screening it).

In all that time, I don't think I have ever watched a game like the Bills at the Chiefs today. That was fucking incredible. Overwhelming feeling that the Bills have been dudded at not being given a chance to respond; effectively losing the game on a coin toss.

I know them's the rules but they want fucking changing. Clearly unfair. No way did Josh Allen deserve to be a loser today but he should at least have had a chance not to be.

Mahomes and Allen were almost superhuman today.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, bolty58 said:

As some of you know, I played in the BAFL and Budweiser leagues in the UK for a couple of seasons plus a bit. I have been to four Packer games, 3 at Lambeau and one at Milwaukee County Stadium. Also been to Camp Randall a few times to watch the Wisconsin Badgers.

I have been watching this crazy game on TV since the mid 60's (few and far between then but really kicked off in the 80's when Channel 4 started screening it).

In all that time, I don't think I have ever watched a game like the Bills at the Chiefs today. That was fucking incredible. Overwhelming feeling that the Bills have been dudded at not being given a chance to respond; effectively losing the game on a coin toss.

I know them's the rules but they want fucking changing. Clearly unfair. No way did Josh Allen deserve to be a loser today but he should at least have had a chance not to be.

Some game that 

Overtime is bollocks

• Site Supporter

Ok Corral at the end

very much agree, a game like that has no right to be decided on a coin toss

maybe this could force their hand to change the rule

1 minute ago, MancWanderer said:

Will have to try to catch the Bills/Chiefs highlights later

Highly recommend the Rams/Bucs game if anyone missed it. Incredible last quarter. Really thought that Brady would go for 2 points

Head coaches call as we all know. Arians one of the old breed. Seems commonplace amongst the younger HC to go for it in such a situation and the stats apparently back up that decision to go for it as counterintuitive as it may appear. 

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Head coaches call as we all know. Arians one of the old breed. Seems commonplace amongst the younger HC to go for it in such a situation and the stats apparently back up that decision to go for it as counterintuitive as it may appear. 

Yeah you’re probably right. It just seemed obvious with the momentum that they’d got going

7 hours ago, L/H White said:

very much agree, a game like that has no right to be decided on a coin toss

maybe this could force their hand to change the rule

if theyd (kansas) only scored a fig then buffalo wouldve got the ball back. 

i dont really understand the point about changing the rules, they changed them to this because you could (as in used to) just get near enough and kick a field goal and win. 

at least with this , a touchdown ends the game. 

its the silver goal vs the golden goal. kinda. 

here

Edited by e2e4
typo

1 hour ago, Traf said:

It's bollocks.

Both teams should have a crack at scoring.

they do if the team that goes first doesnt score a touchdown on the first possession. 

it says here that the amount of final after overtime draws has doubled from about 3 percent to about 7 percent since the 'posession each, unless' change in 2012. 

i think the xfl didnt even have a cointoss but a scramble for the ball. 

another rule i like is that one where you can steal about 12 yards on a field goal from miles and miles away so that its just miles away. 

i only think ive seen it once or twice and iirc they still were too short with their attempts . 

Fair Catch Kick. 

Edited by e2e4
type