Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

On 11/12/2022 at 18:58, Zico said:

And another 

8/8 

Does this happen often?

Two good defences in dreadful weather never does produce thrilling games. 

Getting a bit dicey for the Jets now to make the playoffs, 2 or 3 games in a  row that at the start of the year you'd have thought were easier, but all of them either on good runs and turning a corner or never were as bad as thought. 

Detroit (H)

Jags (H)

Seahawks (A)

I'd still like to back us for the 3 wins to leave us on 10 wins for the season and a huge game vs Miami to close it out. 

Typical though that the year we're good is the year we're playing in the best division in football. 

Record wise it is absolutely, I meant more in ability terms. 

A lot more subjective obviously, but I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find 4 teams all as good in a division this year. 

NFC East has the benefit as well of being in an absolutely dreadful NFC Conference, wins to be had all over the place.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, meanderson93 said:

Two good defences in dreadful weather never does produce thrilling games. 

Getting a bit dicey for the Jets now to make the playoffs, 2 or 3 games in a  row that at the start of the year you'd have thought were easier, but all of them either on good runs and turning a corner or never were as bad as thought. 

Detroit (H)

Jags (H)

Seahawks (A)

I'd still like to back us for the 3 wins to leave us on 10 wins for the season and a huge game vs Miami to close it out. 

Typical though that the year we're good is the year we're playing in the best division in football. 

Yeah am sure the weather didn't help 

It was heading for the first 0-0 at half time since 2019 till bills scored 

Then it took about 5 mins of the 2nd half to see the first snap of the game in the red zone! 

Jets played a risky game at the end going FG then after a TD, probably should've gone for 2 point conversion then FG 

Not that it mattered 

As for the NFC East, strongest it's been in years, with NE bottom 

Unheard of for years

8 minutes ago, Zico said:

Yeah am sure the weather didn't help 

It was heading for the first 0-0 at half time since 2019 till bills scored 

Then it took about 5 mins of the 2nd half to see the first snap of the game in the red zone! 

Jets played a risky game at the end going FG then after a TD, probably should've gone for 2 point conversion then FG 

Not that it mattered 

As for the NFC East, strongest it's been in years, with NE bottom 

Unheard of for years

Yeah I really didn't like the decision to go for the FG, been a bit underwhelmed by our play calling in the Redzone in general since Mike White took over at QB. Almost like the OC is calling the game a bit scared, which is unfortunate because White is clearly an upgrade right now. 

Unfortunately, Pats are no longer bottom after last night, Jets find themselves last despite arguably being the 2nd best team. Which, I suppose, just highlights the quality of the division. 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

Yeah I really didn't like the decision to go for the FG, been a bit underwhelmed by our play calling in the Redzone in general since Mike White took over at QB. Almost like the OC is calling the game a bit scared, which is unfortunate because White is clearly an upgrade right now. 

Unfortunately, Pats are no longer bottom after last night, Jets find themselves last despite arguably being the 2nd best team. Which, I suppose, just highlights the quality of the division. 

Well the bills have dolphins, pat's and Bengals to come so will hopefully help the jets to a wild card 

Bills need that top seed if they're to make the SB I reckon 

1 minute ago, Spider said:

It's a joke. The jets could finish with a winning record and not make the pay offs, whereas the Buccs could finish 7-9 and get through.

Ridiculous.

it would be ridiculous if the Buccs, or anyone, finished 7-9 in a 17 game season. 7-9-1 maybe.

2 years ago, Washington (7-9) won their division. Miami (10-6) missed the playoffs.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, ZiggyStardust said:

it would be ridiculous if the Buccs, or anyone, finished 7-9 in a 17 game season. 7-9-1 maybe.

2 years ago, Washington (7-9) won their division. Miami (10-6) missed the playoffs.

Forgot it had gone to 17 xxx

Its still farcical

18 minutes ago, Traf said:

Thing is, the Bills can beat anyone on the day, so you only need to be in it to win it.

True but I reckon they depend on Allen a lot. TBH as the playoff picture shapes up I'm thinking it's far more open than I did a few weeks ago, especially with some teams coming into form.