Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

its the middle of the night but thats pretty scary. 

that reminded me of the kevin everett injury from a few years back. 

the fucking replacement programme were a tony robinson travel documentry .. 

but the second or third sentence were summat like "a breakneck journey along the burmese coast"

hopefully theyre just being OTT and hes ok , but it looked not good at all. 

5 hours ago, e2e4 said:

its the middle of the night but thats pretty scary. 

that reminded me of the kevin everett injury from a few years back. 

the fucking replacement programme were a tony robinson travel documentry .. 

but the second or third sentence were summat like "a breakneck journey along the burmese coast"

hopefully theyre just being OTT and hes ok , but it looked not good at all. 

Translation:

Bills player has heart attack during game. Game postponed. Critical in hospital.

Very Muamba like.

Hope he's ok.

CINCINNATI -- Buffalo safety Damar Hamlin had his heartbeat restored on the field after suffering cardiac arrest during the team's game Monday night against the Bengals, and he is currently in critical condition at a Cincinnati hospital, the Bills said in a statement early Tuesday morning.

The chilling scene midway through the opening quarter of the Monday night showdown between the two NFL powers led the league to postpone the game about 90 minutes after kickoff.

CPR was administered to Hamlin, 24, on the field for multiple minutes after he collapsed following his tackle of Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins. Hamlin received oxygen, according to the ESPN broadcast, as he was placed in the ambulance and taken off the field some 16 minutes after he collapsed and then was driven to nearby University of Cincinnati Medical Center.

7 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Translation:

Bills player has heart attack during game. Game postponed. Critical in hospital.

Very Muamba like.

Hope he's ok.

the way he didnt just drop made me think hed broken his neck or summat. 

or that fainty stand up thing folk do with low blood pressure . 

On 03/01/2023 at 09:11, Zico said:

The good news is it wasn't Josh Allen 

Looks like its gonna be called a no-contest, rather than re-playing.

Means Chiefs get #1 seed if they beat LV in last game. (Would have been Bils if they beat Bengals & Pats).

Bengals win division (they would have finished 2nd with defeats against the Bills and Ravens).

Bills may rest players week 18, as they probably will not have a bye the week after. This gives the Pats a better chance of grabbing the final WC spot.

• Moderators
On 05/01/2023 at 20:47, ZiggyStardust said:

Looks like its gonna be called a no-contest, rather than re-playing.

Means Chiefs get #1 seed if they beat LV in last game. (Would have been Bils if they beat Bengals & Pats).

Bengals win division (they would have finished 2nd with defeats against the Bills and Ravens).

Bills may rest players week 18, as they probably will not have a bye the week after. This gives the Pats a better chance of grabbing the final WC spot.

Was just reading about this 

https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12118/12780858/buffalo-bills-vs-cincinnati-bengals-will-not-be-resumed-or-replayed-nfl-to-consider-neutral-site-afc-title-game

Just the bills luck to miss out on the top seed this way, then again they may have lost to the Bengals anyway, but shame they wouldn't face the chiefs at home 

Now they have to beat the dolphins first

Amazing night of football. Once the Seahawks had knocked Detroit out of the play off race I just assumed, wrongly, that Detroit just wouldn’t have the motivation to win what was ultimately a meaningless match for them. Packers fans will be gutted today 

• Members
30 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Amazing night of football. Once the Seahawks had knocked Detroit out of the play off race I just assumed, wrongly, that Detroit just wouldn’t have the motivation to win what was ultimately a meaningless match for them. Packers fans will be gutted today 

Yes but let's be honest, they came with a late run but they have been pretty poor this season.

Usually very well run so I wouldn't be surprised if a different QB is the starter next season.

I was also really surprised to see the Texans win. They’ve been dreadful this season. A loss yesterday and they would have had the first pick in the draft. Instead they score a very late touchdown and then go for a 2 pointer to win them the game. Now Chicago gets first pick in the draft 

12 hours ago, wiggy said:

I was also really surprised to see the Texans win. They’ve been dreadful this season. A loss yesterday and they would have had the first pick in the draft. Instead they score a very late touchdown and then go for a 2 pointer to win them the game. Now Chicago gets first pick in the draft 

1st pick is usually a QB. Chicago don't need another QB. Thinking that perhaps the Texans do?

On 09/01/2023 at 21:45, jeep said:

1st pick is usually a QB. Chicago don't need another QB. Thinking that perhaps the Texans do?

Leaves the #1 pick open for a trade out for Chicago for a bunch of picks from a QB needy team.

there's a few decent QB's this year though so cant see Houston being too affected

49 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Leaves the #1 pick open for a trade out for Chicago for a bunch of picks from a QB needy team.

there's a few decent QB's this year though so cant see Houston being too affected

What's your thoughts on Stetson Bennett? Is he any good?

1 minute ago, jeep said:

What's your thoughts on Stetson Bennett? Is he any good?

As a UGA fan i love him, not sure he's NFL calibre but who knows there's been many a highly lauded QB not make it and plenty of under the radar choices go on to have very good careers. That said if a team wanted to play the same way as the 49ers he'd be perfect. Or he'd make a solid back up for teams like the Ravens or Cards where their mobile QB is often injured.

On 10/01/2023 at 17:28, Zico said:

Well I'm delighted that Bills Dolphins has managed to bag the 6pm Sunday timeslot this weekend 

If the Fins keep the final score to within 21 I'll be overjoyed.

Unlikely to be without the following starters:

QB

RB

LT

RT

RG

Both Waddle & Hill uncertain.

CB (Both)

FS

DE

NickelBack

At least Gesicki will be on the field loads, without the ball being thrown in his direction.

Go Fish.