Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

48 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

I like Joe Burrow so hoping the Bengals go one small step further than last season and win it this time around.

26 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Met a yank int bar yesterday, from Cincinnati, so hope they win. I think that they are still in?

See above GD
Cincinnati Bengals.

• Members
23 hours ago, globaldiver said:

Wonder why they are called The Bengals?

Rumoured that the original team (pre NFL) founders of the team wanted the US national flag to be that of the Bengal Army (the stars on the US flag replaced by the Union Flag - stripes left intact). Pro British insurrectionists.

Works for me.

2 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Rumoured that the original team (pre NFL) founders of the team wanted the US national flag to be that of the Bengal Army (the stars on the US flag replaced by the Union Flag - stripes left intact). Pro British insurrectionists.

Works for me.

Sounds good

Well that was a very very strange match. 49ers ended up having to go with a running back at quarterback because their 3rd and 4th choices were both injured during the match. And they were only playing because the 1st and 2nd choices were already injured. Spent 3/4 of the match persevering with a quarter back who literally couldn’t throw. Very very weird 

I love watching Mahomes play but how the hell he got the Chiefs over the line on one leg last night was just incredible. Wasn't even sure he'd play so I thought Bengals were nailed on. Apart from his incredible throwing a huge part of Mahomes game is his scrambling and despite limping around for most of the game - which affected him setting for the longer throws, he still managed to make a couple of runs, the last one to set up the winning kick.

Even if he plays in the Superbowl, I can't see the Chiefs winning against the imperious Eagles given that a big part of his game is missing/limited but it's been a helluva an effort to get this far.

4 hours ago, wiggy said:

Well that was a very very strange match. 49ers ended up having to go with a running back at quarterback because their 3rd and 4th choices were both injured during the match. And they were only playing because the 1st and 2nd choices were already injured. Spent 3/4 of the match persevering with a quarter back who literally couldn’t throw. Very very weird 

Really unfortunate injuries. Garrupalo and Lance were injured before the start so they started with 3rd choice QB Purdy - who was injured early in the game (elbow) which meant they had to use Johnson - who was also injured in Q2 and had to go off. Purdy came back on with a heavily strapped arm but couldn't do anything. Just real bad luck at the business end of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly kick off. Eagles pretty heavy  favourites but although they've walked over just about every other team this season they haven't faced a QB like Mahomes yet. I know he's lost his scrambling game to injury, but even so he has to put the Chiefs in with some sort of a chance especially with the genius of Andy Reid inventing weird and wonderful plays.

Rooting for the underdogs tonight - and just hoping Mahomes is fit enough to produce some of his magic to make a game of it.

5 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Early start tomorrow so can’t stay up to watch the SB

Fuck me though those Muricans know how to do cheesy shite. Land of the free. Pisses all over God Save The Queen 

Not as classy as when Hendrix played it...made it sound like the Vietnam War.

Edited by Wanderlust