Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

Questions need asking, owner does not want put money in but does not want to sell to someone who does.

The story of the Wanderers, Mounts. Haven't there been occasional rumours over the past 50 years or so about potential investors or buyers, and the then Boards turning them down. No idea if there was any truth in them.

From the very little we know about both bids the Stelios one seems to have more about it , why does the club have to stay with an english owner and what will that have to do with eddie once it is sold?

Beware Greeks bearing gifts.

The story of the Wanderers, Mounts. Haven't there been occasional rumours over the past 50 years or so about potential investors or buyers, and the then Boards turning them down. No idea if there was any truth in them.

There's been 1 or 2 rumours over the years I would like a new owner with no ties to the old school owners or old board members i.e. Warburtons, new chairman with no previous ties to the club. I'm not sure that the powers that be want to relinquish control/shares in the club but I do hope that whoever buys the club has a complete new fresh approach and a new broom.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

There's been 1 or 2 rumours over the years I would like a new owner with no ties to the old school owners or old board members i.e. Warburtons, new chairman with no previous ties to the club. I'm not sure that the powers that be want to relinquish control/shares in the club but I do hope that whoever buys the club has a complete new fresh approach and a new broom.

Well, you know what they say

"Look after your broom"

I agree, but you can refuse to sell, or hold on until you get your asking price (which you may or may not get offered) especially if as it seems there are multiple parties interested in buying

It's a nightmare situation for a football club to have an owner who's said he won't put any money into the football team and  who is holding out for a higher selling price than he's being offered to get out of the  club.I'd love any of our rivals to be in that situation.I bet the Bury, Wigan and Tranmere fans are loving it and hope Davies is still the owner for another 10 years.

They can't sell the club without relinquishing control, Mounts. Unless they want a Bolton fan to shovel millions into the club without wanting any control.

And to put fresh life into what I said before, Stelios claims the club have known about his potential bid since January without replying to him.

If they find a buyer, I want all the previous old school guys to be persona non grata at the club.

Edited by Rembrandt

So the club is desperate to sell but ignore a potential buyer who has expressed interest for nigh on a year?

You can't help but think the club is a shambles run by absolute amateurs. And these blokes are all successful businessmen in real life.

Just shows it's all a game to them.

• Moderators

So the club is desperate to sell but ignore a potential buyer who has expressed interest for nigh on a year?

You can't help but think the club is a shambles run by absolute amateurs. And these blokes are all successful businessmen in real life.

or that we don't know enough to be sure either way

And the game isn't football

Takeover to happen soon. Eddie Davies trying to make sure the club goes to people who will care for it and look after it not some chancers like Venky's for example. Hence the delays and claims from other 'interests'. He will let club go for a lot less than the reported £30 million as well, to the right bid. Told it is the Dean Holdsworth fronted one. (not by an ex player or man in the pub, someone who usually knows whats going on up there)