Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

That sort of thinking is partly what has got us into this mess in the first place!

No it hasn't, what's got us here is gross mismanagement on an epic scale, strong and sensible reduction of overheads after relegation together with better management of the 500 million pound of sky money should have left us with a legacy or a platform to bounce back fans questioned PG who sneered in the face of them, dismissed them as fools, it's now patently clear who the fools were. Now when a little bit of investment is needed it's all been pissed up the wall. The pair of them have brought this club into disrepute, they were guardian and custodians of our club and could see the finances clearly and failed the club, the fans and the town on an unprecedented scale. my last comment on these 2 incompetents.

Cheers for the welcome, 

I know all the complexities of limited companies and I totally understand the viewpoint, but.. as far as I am concerned ED is the owner of the club, and until he sells it to someone else he should absolutely carry some responsibility to pay the staff he employs. Regardless of what you think of Davies and his mob, they have been in charge and we are now fucked. Their fault! I think, morally and the fact this club couldn't play another game without them, he should pay them

No need to whistle.

Folk need to climb down from the moral high ground.

Bwfc is a business, we are customers, players are staff.

Although if fans want a small input then turn up they need to put their hand in their pocket and turn up and support the club.

Some of the utter bollocks spoken on here is every bit as disappointing as the running of the football club.

If you think the musings on a football forum are as 'disappointing' as what is happening to BWFC

If you think BWFC is just a business (take it nothing the Pompey lot said got through?) why care at all? Just let it go bust as it obviously isn't working as a 'business'. It means much more than a business thankfully to a lot of people.

You are wrong that's all and I'm glad I don't know you

I read something somewhere else that put it into perspective.

Last night he was at the match being served food and drink by someone who won't be getting paid this month.

Dress it up how you like, that doesn't sit easy with me.

Mind you, Eddie's a millionaire and I don't suppose you get there without pissing a few folk off along the way and not giving a shit if you do.

So I don't suppose he's overly arsed what any bugger on here thinks.

Whats even worse, he sat in the upper tier.

Anyone who's still defending the cunts who got us into this mess and have now slunk away leaving people on minimum wage without a pay cheque this month, well, words fail me. And still swallowing the line that Eddie has 'given' us £170m of his hard earned. He must be absolutely pissing his sides in Barbados at the gullibility of some folk.

Anyone who's still defending the cunts who got us into this mess and have now slunk away leaving people on minimum wage without a pay cheque this month, well, words fail me. And still swallowing the line that Eddie has 'given' us £170m of his hard earned. He must be absolutely pissing his sides in Barbados at the gullibility of some folk.

Don't worry eddies love child be on here soon defending him.????

Well said Sir

• Site Supporter

How many non playing staff do we have, between 200-300? Say you worked for a company employing a similar amount. You'd guess the owner would be very well off. Put that company in the same situation as bwfc now. the owner wouldn't be paying wages himself.

Unfortunately BWFC are a business, and Eddie is a businessman, Football is now a business and has customers (who buy tickets, merchandise etc, and have a vested interest in the club).

Its the harsh reality. 

Shareholders wont pay back dividends to help a struggling company/pay wages.. The only thing shareholders want is profits, when they dry up, they sell up.. Hence why we are in this situation. 

Yes.. morally he should do something.. Yes its a lot closer to home than most businesses, yes it is completely unfair on the staff and I cant see anyone defending ED PG for this mess, but the fact is.. he doesn't have to pay wages, so if he does, that's his own personal gesture of goodwill... 

Ironically if Eddie sells and wipes off the debt, he has (on paper) lost out on 175m (whichever figure it was)

If the company gets wound up, he will have to pay a limited amount towards debts..

He's trying to sell, which shows he has the best interests at heart, as he would potentially be much better of stripping the clubs, or allowing assets to be stripped and regaining some of that £175m.

However as we say, it should NOT have gotten to this point.

Putting emotions to one side, when an insolvent business is on its arse and defending itself against winding up orders in the high court it simply cannot show significant preference to one creditor over an other.

Put it simply, you can't pay the staff in full and fuck all to the players or suppliers or hmrc or anyone else.

Bitch about the board as much as we want, thems the rules.

It's horrendous for the staff on relatively low wages that they don't know if they are getting paid month to month. I feel for them I really do.

I was in clerical recruitment in Liverpool 08/09 and our firm went through something similar and we went from 13 staff to 3 in 6 months and not long after the whole place shut down

I bet most of us in here have been through something similar at some point or other in various employment especially given the economic climate over the past ten years

You only need to look at the UK steel industry as well as Oil and gas at the moment

Is BWFC any different from a steel company that supports a whole town like you get in port talbot / Middlesbrough at the moment? For me it's no different - it's a huge part of the community that employs a lot of people

I'm a firm believer in businesses having limited liability otherwise you wouldn't see anywhere near the same levels of investment and businesses wouldn't employ anywhere near as many people in the first place in an effort to limit potential risks down the line

Should ED pay out of his own pocket - for me it's a no

Should he get called for not doing - again for me it's a no but I respect others right to an opinion the other way

Just to play devils advocate for a minute when ED came in and apparently saved the club in 2003 how many of the staff were saved from redundancy then and have since enjoyed 16 years of employment? Genuine question - If that's true and he did save the jobs back in 03 then I think he should still retain some credit for that

Should players like Mark Davies who have benefited from plundering the club for years for millions make some form of token effort? IMO Probably yes given the complete lack of effort on the pitch

I'm sure the likes of Trevor birch and co want to get this sorted out ASAP so that everyone knows where they are and what's ahead (including us fans)

If it's admin then it's likely that all of these staff will be made redundant at the same time as the players contracts are cancelled. I'm sure they believe some assets can be sold quickly in the interim so everyone gets paid and keeps it going for a few months more

Let's hope so

Come off it.

I only meant that reply in isolation to the statement that without ED this could have happened ages ago rather than the situation in general. I dont see how the fact the staff could have been asked to work and not get paid now or then makes a difference. Its happening now and I dont think its fair. They have turned up to work, done their job so should be paid.