Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

No need to whistle.

Folk need to climb down from the moral high ground.

Bwfc is a business, we are customers, players are staff.

Although if fans want a small input then turn up they need to put their hand in their pocket and turn up and support the club.

Some of the utter bollocks spoken on here is every bit as disappointing as the good running of the football club.

no i am not going to bite you are looking for a reaction, but thats total bollocks

He'sa fucking millionaire, fuck the players, you yourself Smiffs have spoke about foregoing your wage so you could pay your staff, it's very poor form not to pay the likes of ticket office and waiting on staff...It's pocket change to whoever lays claim to this shambles...

I have many times in the past yeah but made sure other bills were paid too.

The difficulty in paying staff wages when you've not paid the PAYE since God knows when opens up a fuck load of problems for the directors. Not defending them but when you pay a wage you deduct PAYE and the NI and send it to hmrc. If you know full well that cash has next to fucks chance of going to hmrc because you haven't sent the last few months you collected beforehand then in the event of insolvency you're up for a fucking not just from the revenue but from any other creditor too.

Equally if you take back any director loans before going tits, or wangle out of personal guarantees leaving creditors up the swanny then the liquidator can claw them back.

So aye. There's a number of reasons why staff can't be paid and nobody else, as shit as it is.

• Site Supporter

no i am not going to bite you are looking for a reaction, but thats total bollocks

aside from it isn't... 

Its a Business.. Its being run as a Private Limited Company.. He doesn't have to pay in, he doesn't have to do feck all, he is the majority shareholder..

Imagine if you buy shares in Mars, and Twix sales stop ... are you going to pay the staff at Mars out of your pocket?.. Its the exact same thing aside from ED has a fair few shares...

aside from it isn't...

Its a Business.. Its being run as a Private Limited Company.. He doesn't have to pay in, he doesn't have to do feck all, he is the majority shareholder..

Imagine if you buy shares in Mars, and Twix sales stop ... are you going to pay the staff at Mars out of your pocket?.. Its the exact same thing aside from ED has a fair few shares...

He's reet. It's shit. But he's reet

Supposed we owed a supplier £££££ since summer and that same supplier can't pay his staff wages putting them in the shit, but finds out bwfc staff wages have been paid in full.

He might be a local business employing local people. The sentiment is the same. Put yourself in their situation...you'd be pissed off if bwfc staff got paid this month but yours hadn't because you were owed £££££ by bwfc.

Reading some of the drivel on here makes me wonder why the fuck anyone would buy a small provincial football club I mean u put up a serious amount of your own wealth presumably at the expense of your family then you put an infrastructure in place which is the envy of all your peers and the vast majority of the football world and the club enjoys over 10 years of amazing success relative peers but then things start to unravel on the footballing side in someways due to the bonkers way the sport is funded you can no longer fund the club without seriously hindering or putting at risk your entire life's work but you do your best to try and safeguard the clubs future by finding a good buyer whilst always operating within the laws of the land I mean originally the intention was to save the club when in dire need and leave a legacy to a town and club you love but it's not all gone to plan and mistakes have been made which you try and rectify by writing off an immense amount of money........who the fuck would want to do that and yet the fans give u even more shit for not selling fast enough mental world this

aside from it isn't...

except this isent Mars this is a local football club you cant compare the 2, sorry i am not having a go but we will have to agree to disagree

Reading some of the drivel on here makes me wonder why the fuck anyone would buy a small provincial football club I mean u put up a serious amount of your own wealth presumably at the expense of your family then you put an infrastructure in place which is the envy of all your peers and the vast majority of the football world and the club enjoys over 10 years of amazing success relative peers but then things start to unravel on the footballing side in someways due to the bonkers way the sport is funded you can no longer fund the club without seriously hindering or putting at risk your entire life's work but you do your best to try and safeguard the clubs future by finding a good buyer whilst always operating within the laws of the land I mean originally the intention was to save the club when in dire need and leave a legacy to a town and club you love but it's not all gone to plan and mistakes have been made which you try and rectify by writing off an immense amount of money........who the fuck would want to do that and yet the fans give u even more shit for not selling fast enough mental world this

thanks for your input Eddie now pay your staff please

I have many times in the past yeah but made sure other bills were paid too.

The difficulty in paying staff wages when you've not paid the PAYE since God knows when opens up a fuck load of problems for the directors. Not defending them but when you pay a wage you deduct PAYE and the NI and send it to hmrc. If you know full well that cash has next to fucks chance of going to hmrc because you haven't sent the last few months you collected beforehand then in the event of insolvency you're up for a fucking not just from the revenue but from any other creditor too.

Equally if you take back any director loans before going tits, or wangle out of personal guarantees leaving creditors up the swanny then the liquidator can claw them back.

So aye. There's a number of reasons why staff can't be paid and nobody else, as shit as it is.

Well, as a long time member you also full well know, facts are not welcome here.

• Site Supporter

except this isent Mars this is a local football club you cant compare the 2, sorry i am not having a go but we will have to agree to disagree

in Business terms they are the exact same thing...

Manchester United are the worlds biggest football club, and a business. They operate as a Business, the same thing could happen with the Glazers if they decided they wanted thier initial investment back etc 

BWFC are a private limited company. Mars are also a Private Limited company.. 

They are the exact same thing.. The only difference is that you have a vested interest in BWFC

I accept that good honest hard working people are being put seriously out but this is a capitalist county vote for that loon corbyn if needs be but I am willing to accept the difference between owners and directors the communication is poor from directors clearly and its there job Eddie doesn't have a job he has a share certificate and it's currently worth a pound that's his comeuppance

If this is ED trying to safeguard the club's future then thank fuck he's not trying to sabotage it. #fuckingdeluded

All good 15-20 years ago wasn't it - do u think he should fund it to his last penny? U should give more to charity u tight fucker what was that how much?? I don't give a fuck u should give more and more ....... See it's annoying when a stranger tells u what you should spend your hard earned on especially when you think you've already gone as far as u can

Reading some of the drivel on here makes me wonder why the fuck anyone would buy a small provincial football club

A hard-nosed businessman who's made a fortune in his own particular area of expertise and spots the opportunity to buy said small provincial football club at a relatively low price with the opportunity to ride the Premier League gravy train? And potentially make a shit load more money?

Anthony Massey, Finance Director, (just out of interest Tony, how on a scale of 1-10 would you say you're performing in your role?) Richard Gee, Director, Brett Warburton, Vice-Chairman, speak up, we can't hear you...

That's a fair question to point their way I'd say but to date all wages have been paid granted with a delay we've not gone bust nor are we in administration given the basket case that is football it may be a modern miracle we've lasted this far and are still coming out swinging

That's a fair question to point their way I'd say but to date all wages have been paid granted with a delay we've not gone bust nor are we in administration given the basket case that is football it may be a modern miracle we've lasted this far and are still coming out swinging

Giving Amos and pratley whopping new contracts in August is nothing to do with basket case football. It's piss poor management.

And the players only got paid because the PFA stepped in.

• Moderators

So

When should we have started living within our means

From the day Lennon arrived there have been people knocking about 'buying us'

It's obvious now that some of the recent big deals were poor but that's with hindsight

Something that wasn't available in the summer