Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

• Moderators

So

When should we have started living within our means

From the day Lennon arrived there have been people knocking about 'buying us'

It's obvious now that some of the recent big deals were poor but that's with hindsight

Something that wasn't available in the summer

Regards buyers, beleive we had one lined up to buy us at the end of the season we went down, had we stayed up, but they ducked out when we dropped

No one wanted us at the asking price in the championship hence the gamble in terms of wages and deals to get us back up

As we know that went tits up too

So here we are

PG off the radar and ED not playing anymore

How do you feel about ED now Carlos? Not so long ago you were haranguing anyone who questioned his credentials or motives.

In defence of Carlos...

...it's only very recently that Eddie has been seen in a poor light in all of this. Up until very recently he was being portayed publicly as some form of local hero.

Is this the same article that suggests EDs other businesses actually indicate he can no longer fund us? Or does that not fit with what you want us to read?

I've heard his business are pretty healthy and ED is just fine financially.

His recent donations to art galleries, business schools and charities suggest so anyway.

All of that isn't important mind. It's up to ED what he does with his money. There's something made his mind up for him to stop completely IMO. We will probably never know what.

I've heard his business are pretty healthy and ED is just fine financially.

His recent donations to art galleries, business schools and charities suggest so anyway.

All of that isn't important mind. It's up to ED what he does with his money. There's something made his mind up for him to stop completely IMO. We will probably never know what.[/quote

Not really, he made a financial commitment to pay the running costs as they are. deciding to stop doing this half way through a season and letting staff go unpaid is appalling.

Edited by wanderer13

Not really, he made a financial commitment to pay the running costs as they are. deciding to stop doing this half way through a season and letting staff go unpaid is appalling.

That's exactly how I feel. To willingly let staff go unpaid when you are the owner of the business and can financially afford to pay them is disgusting.

I also think if the players DO get paid this month, give 10% of their wages to pay the club staff. It's not like they'll miss it. It would be a great gesture at a time when the club needs everyone pulling together.

I seem to recall that we would be given 10 years to repay the major debts (which in reality will be written off if there is a sale of the club). While this would clearly be one hell of a burden, it is a rather different situation than the article (for want of a better word) suggests, namely immediate payment.

There is nothing new in pointing out that British Virgin Islands and Bermuda ownerships are effectively secret.

I don't recall too many adverse comments (though there may well have been some) when we accepted ED's money and his offshore secrecy in the first place.

The suggestion that we are now in a worse position than in 2000 is also wrong. The difference is that at that time dealings with the bank were behind closed doors, whereas now we are operating in open court.

Sadly the club that was regarded as many people's "second team" (a bit like Leicester now seem to be) has become one which is seen as poor on the field and worse off it - a basket case. If the worst were to happen (and it may do), the general population will say it served us right.

I seem to recall that we would be given 10 years to repay the major debts (which in reality will be written off if there is a sale of the club). While this would clearly be one hell of a burden, it is a rather different situation than the article (for want of a better word) suggests, namely immediate payment.

There is nothing new in pointing out that British Virgin Islands and Bermuda ownerships are effectively secret.

I don't recall too many adverse comments (though there may well have been some) when we accepted ED's money and his offshore secrecy in the first place.

The suggestion that we are now in a worse position than in 2000 is also wrong. The difference is that at that time dealings with the bank were behind closed doors, whereas now we are operating in open court.

Sadly the club that was regarded as many people's "second team" (a bit like Leicester now seem to be) has become one which is seen as poor on the field and worse off it - a basket case. If the worst were to happen (and it may do), the general population will say it served us right.

A little harsh at the last there Malc. Many were uneasy every time the accounts came out and the debt was ratcheting up. The get out of jail card was it was  more or less all owed to Ed. What did sit uncomfortably with many was why the debt kept racking up at the rate it did. We are now a basket case yet certain Directors excluding Ed have made a darn good living out of BWFC this last 20 years. 

Edited by bgoefc