Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

• Moderators

Isn't saying that's what the nazis did a sign that you've lost an argument?

did you know, there's this "Godwin's Law" which states (and it's probably right) that:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1" — ​​that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazism.

and here we are, on page 223

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

I can give you broadcasting income figures for the ten years to 2013/14:

They are:

Premiership     to 2011/12        £276.6m   - 8 years (Highest £44.7m 2010/11, lowest £25.9m 2006/07)

Championship to 2013/14        £  41.1m   - 2 years (parachute money)

Total gate receipts over the ten years were £63.6m( Highest £9.8m 2005/06, lowest £3.4m 2013/14)

Total wages costs were £390.4m.(% spent on wages increased every year until 2013/14)

Acquisition of players was £110m (including agents fees)

How the hell were gate receipts only 3.4 million in 2013-14?

How the hell were gate receipts only 3.4 million in 2013-14?

almost 1/3 of what they were 8 years earlier. That's bonkers.

Having said that, I can't believe we have ever generated close to £10M in gate receipts in a single season

did you know, there's this "Godwin's Law" which states (and it's probably right) that:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1" — ​​that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazism.

and here we are, on page 223

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Aye that's the one I was thinking of

Guest GudniB

A lot of guesswork in there, my guess is he lost less than 160 million your guess is that he lost that amount. I think you are looking at the accounts and taking them literally, I am looking at Eddie who has made a small fortune and thinking he is not that stupid to lose 160 million and that he is clever enough to use BWFC in a legal way to reduce his tax liability. Other than that lets agree to disagree.    

You are plainly guessing about things you know little or nothing about. But for the benefit of those who are interested, the Isle of Man likes to have high net worth individuals as residents. So they have  no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and income tax limited to minimal amounts. What they don't have are arrangements to allow residents to subsidise football clubs and avoid paying the minimal amounts that are due (and you would have to be a complete bonehead to even dream of trying it).

​Eddie is plainly calm under pressure and clever but he had an achilles heel (BWFC) and its cost him dear.

Edited by GudniB

Can someone work out how many kids season tickets or pay on day tickets it would need to be £8.50 average ticket price? Because £8.50 is very hard to believe.

Can someone work out how many kids season tickets or pay on day tickets it would need to be £8.50 average ticket price? Because £8.50 is very hard to believe.

It must be true; it's in th'accounts!

• Moderators

The accounts get audited

You stick tin foil on your head

I'll go with the accounts

Fcuk me there's folk been all over our books for months and guess what, they've found nowt

As for the average ticket price, most home fans have season tickets, about 9000

Average price per game for my 3 tickets is less than 8 per game

Chuck in the six quid tickets and the odd promo

Counter that with away fans paying day prices and there's your average ticket price

One things for sure it's only going up next season

It's waaaaaay too cheap

The accounts get audited

You stick tin foil on your head

I'll go with the accounts

Fcuk me there's folk been all over our books for months and guess what, they've found nowt

As for the average ticket price, most home fans have season tickets, about 9000

Average price per game for my 3 tickets is less than 8 per game

Chuck in the six quid tickets and the odd promo

Counter that with away fans paying day prices and there's your average ticket price

One things for sure it's only going up next season

It's waaaaaay too cheap

You need to try the tin foil then you wouldn't just belief everything piece of bullshit the club releases as gospel. Any how good luck to Deano I'm 100% behind him.

• Moderators

Believe the accounts or believe some moon men predicting administration on the Internet

I'll believe the former until I see proof otherwise

Good luck Dean

I appreciated the kind words for Mr Davies

• Site Supporter

One last thing

Is ED still a cunt who ought to be hounded out of his seat tomorrow?

or a shrewd guy who went some way to atoning for his errors and left the club in decent hands having not spilled the beans to all and sundry and risk jeopardising the only realistic chance the club had?

Just so I know if I'm booing in his direction or refusing to just look at him.

Edited by Spider

Believe the accounts or believe some moon men predicting administration on the Internet

I'll believe the former until I see proof otherwise

Good luck Dean

I appreciated the kind words for Mr Davies

Eddie Davies filled for administration 4 days ago.

Only the high court stopped this happening.