Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

If you believe the accounts (that have been audited) are wrong, then you are say the club are/where engaged in fraudulent behavior, It that was the case, owing money to the tax man would be the least of the clubs worries, and of course the accounting firm that did the audit

The accounts from a few years ago, showing the value of players contracts at £64m (from distant memory) were definately over optimistic

The value collapsed a year later

Edited by boltondiver

One last thing

Is ED still a cunt who ought to be hounded out of his seat tomorrow?

or a shrewd guy who went some way to atoning for his errors and left the club in decent hands having not spilled the beans to all and sundry and risk jeopardising the only realistic chance the club had?

Just so I know if I'm booing in his direction or refusing to just look at him.

I tend to begin each game by letting out an omnidirectional boo - this means that I can be sure to have chastised every corner of the ground. The fact that that it's not directed at any one particular person means that if booing etiquette has changed and we are no longer booing a player (say Gary Madine for instance) I can quickly say that I was booing somebody else.

Hope this helps?

• Site Supporter

I tend to begin each game by letting out an omnidirectional boo - this means that I can be sure to have chastised every corner of the ground. The fact that that it's not directed at any one particular person means that if booing etiquette has changed and we are no longer booing a player (say Gary Madine for instance) I can quickly say that I was booing somebody else.

Hope this helps?

I like that.

Maybe we should have a minutes booing before every game?

• Moderators

Do we still think he's an asset stripping Cockley wide boy? - or are we getting behind him?

Both

Since there were no other fish swimming in the sea baited with loss making football clubs I don't see we've much choice

Lots of folk missing the point. Has he lost 160 mill of "his" own money?. On paper yes.  There is a question..... did he ever liquidise those assets into a taxable form? Would he himself have ever been able to profit from those monies?

For me he gave us good years, didn't himself lose megabucks, but left us with an unsustainable model once he backed out. This will be righted by the new regime. £28million on wages whilst clubs on less than half that are above midway in the league show mismanagement at all levels.

Edited by bgoefc