Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

If Phil Brown isn't our next manager il wank every single member of this forum off on Scott's car park before the Rochdale home game next season.

Can't stop chuckling at the thought of an orderly queue forming out of Scotts carpark, round the roundabout and up De Havilland Way.

Think you're going to need some fluffers mate.

If Phil Brown isn't our next manager il wank every single member of this forum off on Scott's car park before the Rochdale home game next season.

Can I get a credit note as I don't go in Scotts?

For the record I feel more secure about our future now. If I was a match singer I would join in the Deano, Deano, Deano chants which I hope to hear tomorrow.

• Members

Took a good pen Deano. I love it when Bolty posts, breathes positivity and puts me in a good mood.

Cheers pal. Glad to help.

In all seriousness, Deano talks about that 'tingle'. I immediately got that when my Dad took me into The Embankment for the first in the 60's and it has never gone away, nor will it ever. Seeing grown men cry due to their passion for the club leaves an indelible mark on an impressionable young mind. Once a Wanderer, always a Wanderer.

I may be on the other side of the world but a fire still burns. I just know that better times are ahead. When you have been following them since the 60's, there aren't many highs and lows you haven't experienced. Prepare for success.

I can give you broadcasting income figures for the ten years to 2013/14:

They are:

Premiership     to 2011/12        £276.6m   - 8 years (Highest £44.7m 2010/11, lowest £25.9m 2006/07)

Championship to 2013/14        £  41.1m   - 2 years (parachute money)

Total gate receipts over the ten years were £63.6m( Highest £9.8m 2005/06, lowest £3.4m 2013/14)

Total wages costs were £390.4m.(% spent on wages increased every year until 2013/14)

Acquisition of players was £110m (including agents fees)

I still find it hard to believe that the club spent nearly half a billion pounds for a relatively short period in the sun.

In all seriousness, Deano talks about that 'tingle'. I immediately got that when my Dad took me into The Embankment for the first in the 60's and it has never gone away, nor will it ever. Seeing grown men cry due to their passion for the club leaves an indelible mark on an impressionable young mind. Once a Wanderer, always a Wanderer.

I may be on the other side of the world but a fire still burns. I just know that better times are ahead. When you have been following them since the 60's, there aren't many highs and lows you haven't experienced. Prepare for success.

I still find it hard to believe that the club spent nearly half a billion pounds for a relatively short period in the sun.

£50m a year over ten years

Not that far fetched

We're losing £1m a month right now (£12m a year) so I'm assuming our total outgoings are around £25m with parachute money covering most of it

If we can do £25m adrift at the bottom of the championship then £50m for our days in the sun is a realistic average

Great interview from Deano as I've said a couple of times the perseverance and tenacity he has shown to get that deal done counts for a lot he desperately wanted to buy Bolton Wanderers. He is extremely articulate and measured which is great. What this club stood for for the last 20 years has unfortunately gone but he knows what that was what the ingredients were and can get it back. I honestly believe that if anyone can we can

• Site Supporter

Booooooooo optimism

Like cottager cheese said, I have blindly given my full backing to every regime the club has had

I honestly think our only job as supporters is to, erm , support the chaps on the pitch. Admittedly that gets hard to do when there's shit pouring from the floodlights.

I absolutely don't see any point in being negative about a new regime before a fucking ball has been kicked. It's a football club not a government.

Up the Trotters me old chiiiinnnnaaaaa

Edited by Spider

You're at it again spider.

Not everything is so polarised.

Folk can raise questions and have reservations as well as being fully behind the new regime.

I'm totally behind deanos mob.

I Wouldn't mind knowing how much cash they actually have and wouldn't mind hearing from Mr Anderson and hearing his intentions. But I'm still fully behind it as there's no other option.

There's a few snippets in that interview I think we can cling on to and pray theyve got this right.

Btw, What's happened to Brett Warby and co then? Have all the board been replaced do we know?

• Site Supporter

You're at it again spider.

Not everything is so polarised.

Folk can raise questions and have reservations as well as being fully behind the new regime.

I'm totally behind deanos mob.

I Wouldn't mind knowing how much cash they actually have and wouldn't mind hearing from Mr Anderson and hearing his intentions. But I'm still fully behind it as there's no other option.

There's a few snippets in that interview I think we can cling on to and pray theyve got this right.

Btw, What's happened to Brett Warby and co then? Have all the board been replaced do we know?

I'll leave all that to you. I stopped giving a shit about the finances a while ago. And it's not because I don't care, I just don't get worked up about stuff I cannot control, it's a zen/alcohol thing.

What I can control is turning up and getting behind the team, whilst chucking a few quid into the coffers.

Happy clapper innit.

It's where you're at ????????????

I'd be extremely concerned if they announced how much cash they have got on hand. Apart from being commercially naive it would put us at an immediate disadvantage once the embargo is lifted and we are going for signings.

Where did I say they should announce it?

I meant I wouldn't mind knowing their full financial capacity. I also wouldn't mind knowing what Rita Ora's fanny tastes like either. Doubt ill find out either.

• Site Supporter

Where did I say they should announce it?

I meant I wouldn't mind knowing their full financial capacity. I also wouldn't mind knowing what Rita Ora's fanny tastes like either. Doubt ill find out either.

I bet it tastes a bit like a chocolate orange