Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

Give it a rest mate, you have no idea what you are talking about. (that's amied Gudni not Hunt).

I'm going to respect the wishes of most members and leave this well alone now.

I don't disagree with you on the write down of player valuations not being cash items, though the fact we rarely recover and transfer fees helps explain the losses. However Eddie did analysis of the cash flow statements over the same period and the net cash flow out of EDs companies gets very close to the £150m mark if I recall correctly.

The worry has to be that the new owners couldn't find 100k to play Spearing. WTF.

in all fairness they might want to assess the situation before they decide to dole out £100K

I'm sure even before yesterday's game they are already resigned to us starting next season a division down.

If they're confident they can shift him on before the start of next season, then we won't be seeing him in a white shirt again

In fact I think I'm quite glad they didn't just blindly pay it out

Indeed. How quickly people go from 'why have we overspent, how disgraceful the debt is' to 'why aren't we just paying it'.....

No longer are we a club who can just chuck away a hundred thousand. Whether the money is there or not, that is huge money for us now, that could and should be another player next season. Not just one for a handful of meaningless games.

Indeed. How quickly people go from 'why have we overspent, how disgraceful the debt is' to 'why aren't we just paying it'.....

No longer are we a club who can just chuck away a hundred thousand. Whether the money is there or not, that is huge money for us now, that could and should be another player next season. Not just one for a handful of meaningless games.

We're paying him circa 100 grand a month, that'll be just for him to sit at home until his contract is up end of next season unless we pay it.

We're paying him circa 100 grand a month, that'll be just for him to sit at home until his contract is up end of next season unless we pay it.

He'll be able to play 22 league games next season before we have to pay Liverpool £100,000.

Unless my ITK unreliable source is wrong.

Right. But that can't be changed now and can't happen again in the future. Clearly they need to try and move him in the summer. If not then perhaps find the money to pay Liverpool. But throwing away 100 grand for nothing doesn't seem too clever to me. Next season a wage of 2 grand per week will probably be a squad player at least.

We are going to have to get frugal. 100 thousand is a LOT of money to us now. And has to be used wisely not thrown away casually.

Right. But that can't be changed now and can't happen again in the future. Clearly they need to try and move him in the summer. If not then perhaps find the money to pay Liverpool. But throwing away 100 grand for nothing doesn't seem too clever to me. Next season a wage of 2 grand per week will probably be a squad player at least.

We are going to have to get frugal. 100 thousand is a LOT of money to us now. And has to be used wisely not thrown away casually.

If our average wage is going to 2k per week we'd better get prepared for another relegation.

Guest GudniB

Give it a rest mate, you have no idea what you are talking about. (that's amied Gudni not Hunt).

I'm going to respect the wishes of most members and leave this well alone now.

Very wise. If I needed advice on financial accounting (which I don't) I would look to someone with real expertise (e.g. an FCA) not a cost and management wallah, let alone an accounting technician. The more important issue is whether if you were looking for someone to be CEO of Burnden Leisure or chair its board you might do well to appoint people with more reliable backgrounds than Dean Christopher Holdsworth or Ken Anderson.

Very wise. If I needed advice on financial accounting (which I don't) I would look to someone with real expertise (e.g. an FCA) not a cost and management wallah, let alone an accounting technician. The more important issue is whether if you were looking for someone to be CEO of Burnden Leisure or chair its board you might do well to appoint people with more reliable backgrounds than Dean Christopher Holdsworth or Ken Anderson.

Well done mate you've well and truly outed yourself as a WUM. I was playing a patient game, only a matter of time.

Don't you realise that ACMA overrides MAAT? AAT is a stepping stone.

Eddie Davies is an ACMA, Phil Gartside an FCA. One no better than the other. ACMA tends to be more commercial, ACA more audit based, but google wont tell you that, working in finance will.

Hope you had a nice day researching, I went out for a few scoops.

Stick your tin foil hat where the sun don't shine you financially illiterate weapon.