Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

• Site Supporter

Banging the same old drum but, yes, for not paying the his staff.

As had been said many a time on this very thread, he couldn't just pay the wages; that is not possible for a business subject to a wind up order.

Now, if you may have a point considering he allowed us the club to get to such a point but I don't think that was intentional somehow.

Don't know why, but for the first time for as long as I can remember I'm actually excited what with today's news and the take over last week.

Me too.

No, by the way.

If he was a cunt he'd have insisted on his money back and had us shut down forthwith.

I've gone right off him mind.

Eddie Davies gave us 11 consecutive seasons in the premier league, including several top 8 finishes.

Eddie Davies gave us a cup final.

Eddie Davies gave us the sight of the likes of, Jay Jay Okocha, Anelka, Youri Djorkaekff, Campo, Hierro, etc playing for Bolton Wanderers.

Eddie Davies gave us European campaigns with the chance to see Bolton Wanderers play at places like Bayern Munich, Madrid, Istanbul, Lisbon etc,

Eddie Davies is the best thing that has happened to Bolton Wanderers in our lifetimes & IMO the history of the club, & even when he wanted out, he has tried to pass the club on to decent owners & protect us from assett strippers.

Eddie Davies gave us 11 consecutive seasons in the premier league, including several top 8 finishes.

Eddie Davies gave us the sight of the likes of, Jay Jay Okocha, Anelka, Youri Djorkaekff, Campo, Hierro, etc playing for Bolton Wanderers.

Eddie Davies gave us European campaigns with the chance to see Bolton Wanderers play at places like Bayern Munich, Madrid, Istanbul, Lisbon etc,

Eddie Davies is the best thing that has happened to Bolton Wanderers in our lifetimes & IMO the history of the club, & even when he wanted out, he has tried to pass the club on to decent owners & protect us from assett strippers.

This, plus 10, if thats possible :D

Eddie also culpable in us being relegated this season and wasn't SA the main reason we achieved most of the above? I'll reserve judgement on passing club on to decent owners. ED lasting legacy could yet be a generation in the third tier and BWFC not being able to afford to keep the stadium, very sad that the actual legacy could be far removed from his vision. It could and should have been so different. Edited by Mounts Kipper

people need to get this "skipped paying his staff" shit out of their heads.

it is not his responsibility. its the responsibility of the football club. and the football clubs could not afford too.

He owned the club and refused to pay his employees and bills. End of conversation

• Site Supporter

He owned the club and refused to pay his employees and bills. End of conversation

Eddie was majority shareholder..

Shareholders don't pay wages. They have already paid in for shares.

After that point they simply reap dividends or lose their investment pending profit /loss