Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

Mounts, this limping through till end of season stuff...

Does that mean the club has resigned itself to league 1 and in turn so have the players?

If not, why wouldn't Emerson or whoever step in now or before and stop this court nonsense and pay the staff?

Does that mean the club has resigned itself to league 1 and in turn so have the players?

If not, why wouldn't Emerson or whoever step in now or before and stop this court nonsense and pay the staff?

Only reason that seems plausible is that the owner and team have reservations about selling to those potential buyers.

I fear it does mean just that, I think the only reason the deal not been done now is the continuing monthly losses and contracts /wages that need sorting once the majority of this is sorted think that'll be when it happens. If as suspected it's a consortium with Emerson as main players, they won't want a football business that isn't self funding. I might also be completely wrong. ???? Edited by Mounts Kipper

I fear it does mean just that, I think the only reason the deal not been done now is the continuing monthly losses and contracts /wages that need sorting once the majority of this is sorted think that'll be when it happens. If as suspected it's a consortium with Emerson as main players, they won't want a football business that isn't self funding. I might also be completely wrong.

More than likely.

Are you basing this on anything at all or just completely guessing?

I got told by a bloke in the pub (I know, I know) at Christmas time that no takeover would happen before the issue of the car park ownership was resolved.  If it does get sorted, it will be interesting to see if takeover talks start to progress any quicker.  Same bloke in the pub told me Phil Brown will definitely be the next Bolton manager.

Why would Emerson mess about buying a bit of car park and watch the club nearly fold whilst its being sorted if they intend to buy the club or parts of it anyway?

There's going to be fuck all left to buy at his rate.

Unless of course like MK says this is all just part of the plan.

Edited by gonzo

I got told by a bloke in the pub (I know, I know) at Christmas time that no takeover would happen before the issue of the car park ownership was resolved.  If it does get sorted, it will be interesting to see if takeover talks start to progress any quicker.  Same bloke in the pub told me Phil Brown will definitely be the next Bolton manager.

That bizarre situation seems to be backed up by Lennon today but not for definite one needs to follow the other.

Hopefully when the car park sale goes through we can get a takeover done eventually and things can move on from here.”

• Moderators

I'm not convinced that's whats happened. For a couple of years the club has been taking out large loans against its assets. You only don't that to create quick cash in desperate times. So with that I reckon ED started to shut his wallet long ago.

Because of that, I wouldnt be surprised if we've been in this position for a couple of years now (there was warnings in the 2014 accounts) but now there's effectively fuck all left to pawn and we've run out of options. You can't rob Peter to pay Paul forever.

Add in serious management failings on how bad the debt and cashflow is and it equals a swift death by a thousand cuts.

My view based upon a few people who have first hand knowledge of the failings is ED didn't know just how fucked up the cashflow situation was because I don't believe he would have sanctioned half the deals he apparently has this year if he knew.

That leaves the problem at the foot of PGs door and those involved in the finances, who simply run out of luck rolling the dices.

and is probably why he's not putting his hand in his pocket now, might well be feeling he's been shafted by those he placed great trust in

Do we need to persuade them of that? If all our bills are paid is that not case closed, next?

Yes and no.

If we pay the bills and go forward without going into administration then the problem will recur again very quickly, with all the attendant additional costs of coping with the court.

If we go into administration even our top quality football (?) is unlikely to maintain championship status.

Alan Nixon@reluctantnicko 10 mins10 minutes ago

Bolton. Far East group include someone with past Prem experience. But need to act fast. Deal about to become a lot easier.

According to a mate who knows a journalist from BBC Humberside, the same consortium were looking at Hull

The bloke with the prem experience is Paul Duffen who is fronting the deal and used to own Hull

And is also good mates with Phil Brown

But it could all be bollocks mind

Edited by DirtySanchez

So let's say it's a two horse race between Holdsworth/Jones consortium and then the Duffen/far eastern consortium, according to some posters on here the Holdsworth mob want Phil Brown as our next manager and Duffen has had Phil Brown as manager when Hull were in the prem I think. Brownie nailed on for the job me thinks!

So let's say it's a two horse race between Holdsworth/Jones consortium and then the Duffen/far eastern consortium, according to some posters on here the Holdsworth mob want Phil Brown as our next manager and Duffen has had Phil Brown as manager when Hull were in the prem I think. Brownie nailed on for the job me thinks!

After our last 4 managers i'd be happy with that!

His assistant Brian Horton has just moved back north.