Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

• Site Supporter

Actually finding it amusing ED seems to have called SS bluff, can see DH, Amir Khan and his cronies sweating in a room thinking what's our next move.

If nothing else, you've got a good imagination.

Well it seems Marc Iles has nailed his loyalties on hard with SS.  

I'm not so sure how a company with no actual money thinks it can make any money out of a piss poor club that already drains a mill a month and is still bottom of the league. It would take so much of an investment to get us anywhere challenging for promotion to the premier league and they don't have any. 

If they are gonna get to own this club and its assets but have no actual money of their own to build us up then why doesn't ED just sell it to the supporters trust then at least we will have people in charge who whilst also having no money, would at least have the best interests of the football club at heart.

Just my instinct but don't trust Holdsworth and his crew and shouldn't we? him being an ex wanderer? If SS was fronted by John McGinlay or Kevin Davies I would be less worried but can't help thinking that if SS buy the club we won't see our fortunes upturned any time soon whilst others get rich.

I am bored and worn out with all the speculation. But imo ED has the best long term interests of the club at heart otherwise the Club would have been sold by now. There are clearly many complications to which the rank and file are not party. I suspect that sadly this is gonna drag on for sometime yet.

Trying to be optimistic a win against Leeds and an attractive cup draw would buy the ED more time to negotiate a better deal and perhaps avoid the necessity to sell cut price players on deadline day? 

As neither the club or any of the potential buyers have released any details of the proposed sale, it seems strange that people are taking sides and making judgments without any insider knowledge. I suspect Iles is in the same situation but has to put something in writing to pacify the baying twatteres.

yep, thats my point really, There are some players who you trust love the club and wouldnt knowingly front a takeover bid potentially harmful to our club, Dean Holdsworth is not one of them.

Lee, no disrespect but from mine and other peoples experience on this board, popular players do not always make either good or honourable businessmen.

Lee, no disrespect but from mine and other peoples experience on this board, popular players do not always make either good or honourable businessmen.

maybe this is getting lost in translation but my ONLY point was the one I made, that there are some that you would trust in their intentions, in regards their abilities to run a club manage a club etc I totally agree. ie if Mcginlay was fronting the bid I wouldn't think as easily that deano and crew are here for what they can get rather than give. If i have given the impression that I think John McGinlay would be my preferred choice of club owner then I will give myself a slap

• Moderators

yep, thats my point really, There are some players who you trust love the club and wouldnt knowingly front a takeover bid potentially harmful to our club, Dean Holdsworth is not one of them.

It's nothing about love for the club, it's about being a trustworthy person. Gudni I believe is a lawyer? SJM a landlord of a pub who doesn't pay his debts.

It's nothing about love for the club, it's about being a trustworthy person. Gudni I believe is a lawyer? SJM a landlord of a pub who doesn't pay his debts.

again, I was talking about ex players who I think have the best interests of the club at heart as opposed to the ability to effectively run the club. Possibly Gudni could do both but I never said otherwise

Which former player endorsing a take over would give you the most confidence in their morals and intentions for our club, just out of interest

Owen Coyle when he releases a video endorsing them. And In it he sez nowt , he just claps for an hour and a half.