Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

As an aside...

Gudni's comments in the BEN were great.

Spoke with sense and from the heart. It would be great to have an input into our future from people like him.

What a top top guy he was. Gave me a warm fuzzy glow inside when i read it.

Just heard a lad from the supporters trust on GMR. He came across ok to be honest (although a little nervous). If they have this meeting in early Jan I'll probably go along - as much out of curiosity as anything else. No problem getting behind it if it looks well run.

I heard that.

He was called Chris. Not sure if it was Peacock, Manning or someone else.

It'll be reet they are working with Supporters Direct, Mike Ashley will stick all the players on minimum wage zero hour contracts and we'll be turning a profit in no time.

In all seriousness sent them my details and would like to hear hat they have to say.

Like Kent I'll rock up to any meeting with an open mind.

It'll be reet they are working with Supporters Direct, Mike Ashley will stick all the players on minimum wage zero hour contracts and we'll be turning a profit in no time.

In all seriousness sent them my details and would like to hear hat they have to say.

Like Kent I'll rock up to any meeting with an open mind.

Ashley is going away from zero hours for the future, it seems

somebody suggested the meeting being in the side room at the man and scythe

nowt like thinking big

The mad cider might push things along and guarantee a punch up later.

I cant help being cynical, it's in my nature. But to be fair, if they have the right intentions, there's no harm done. I'm just generally suspicious of organisers in all walks of life. Some obviously are all about the cause, others are all about self-promotion. Don't know much about the people here so the jury is out there. But I would ask why political input is needed when that's an obvious divisive factor and I do wonder why a clickbait blog is leading the charge. As others have said, this is the biggest forum of fans and as such. This site should be a part of it. Not everyone on here is a prick like me.

As I said, no harm done, not least because as things stand it's not a huge thing. Unless you are Marc Iles, who seems to be talking about it like it's the second coming.

I'm not arsed who's set up the trust its where it goes from here it's a platform to start with nothing more nothing less, from here on in let's hope that they get a wide variety of folk on board who have something to offer, for too long the BWSA has been a puppy dog of the club not challenging the direction of the club, this new trust must work to get a voice within the club and be a conduit between the club and fans. In this day and age the club cannot be run as a closed shop openess and transparency are a must the club needs to regain its down to earth friendliness and connect with the townsfolk. One man sums up what I would want BWFC to become again that man is Nat Lofthouse he was a legend but had time for everyone a friend to the club and its fans, this is what made the club great and we need to find it once again. It's a massive task to get back to what the club was like when the incredible journey started over the last 25 years but it can be achieved with a lot of hard work and folk pulling in the right direction and putting aside negativity for the good of the club.

Ill be with you all the way mk.great post

We will see if the rumours are true and the sale goes through tomorrow. Suspect the whole fan thing is piss and wind.

As the comment above your says, the fan thing is only a 'thing' of it carries weight. And that means a lot of people backing it openly. Too little to late, but good luck to all who try.

From what I can see and hear there's no one remotely got enough cash for a takeover.

It all went wrong when we knocked back the dodgy Russian mob. We'd have been bidding for Messi in January and arranging Pep's five- year contract now.