Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Seasonal Affective Disorder (S A D) Roll Call

DazBob

Always go away in either October/November & February.

Xmas is in between and it just about gets me through our Winter.

I couldn't stomach freezing my tits off and getting pissed wet through in darkness for close on 4 months...

When I retire I will do so, somewhere with an all year round climate.

I feel for people who retire in the UK.

Christ I agree with you must be third time ever !!

I have one long drive week with work, in the winter months no way of doing it without some part of it being wet cold dark and miserable.

First journey after clocks change is the low point of the year, as you say you need to have some sun at some point and a future plan to leave it all behind.

• Site Supporter

Winter is generally shit - especially the 5.30 alarm every weekday morning. It does have its advantages in that its a good excuse for a hipflask at the footy.

Still, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. For all its faults, England is still a miles better country than most the world

Reno can get as cold as -20C or so during the winter, but still it never feels as cold or as miserable as England does. I think it's the humidity in England, it makes temperatures feel way more extreme than they are.

The dark before work still gets to me though, although I love it being dark when I come home from work.

Reno can get as cold as -20C or so during the winter, but still it never feels as cold or as miserable as England does. I think it's the humidity in England, it makes temperatures feel way more extreme than they are.

The dark before work still gets to me though, although I love it being dark when I come home from work.

Have you ever shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die?

• 2 months later...
  • Site Supporter

Shortest day of the year today. Another 6 months and we'll all be sun worshipping for another 3 days!

Not been affected that bad this year. I reckon that's because I have a 9 month old and consequently no comprehension as to what time of day it is......

Likewise. Still tedious leaden skies though and when tomorrow's bright skies come it will be a boon!

This El Niño will be along to ruin January

They reckon this could cause opposite effects in the northern hemisphere with high pressure being allowed south because it could fuck the jet stream up and cause a big freeze like a few years ago.

It's all about that jet stream. If El Niño whacks its willy all over that those Canadian geese will be laughing all the way to the bookies.

Edited by gonzo

They reckon this could cause opposite effects in the northern hemisphere with high pressure being allowed south because it could fuck the jet stream up and cause a big freeze like a few years ago.

It's all about that jet stream. If El Niño whacks its willy all over that those Canadian geese will be laughing all the way to the bookies.

Are you quoting the Express?