Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

V Pakistan In Uae

globaldiver

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems every English bowler wants a go at getting a wicket with a no ball.

Anyway, it's weird playing test cricket in a virtual empty stadium

Imagine if you had forked out to go there - hoping for a top trip and a decent atmosphere. Would feel like you were at a training match where the bowlers have no idea!

Imagine if you had forked out to go there - hoping for a top trip and a decent atmosphere. Would feel like you were at a training match where the bowlers have no idea!

Then you wouldn't have done your research. I went to a day of the Pakistan v New Zealand test match at Sharjah the day Phil Hughes died. As the first ball was bowled I reckon I was one of about 100 paying (£3) folk. By mid afternoon the place was half full and the atmosphere was great. No ale and no food for sale. There was a mosque though. Ground miles from the town and miles from public transport. And it's had international cricket played there for decades - Dubai and Abu Dhabi are brand new and even worse. The UAE is the last place I'd go for cricket unless passing through. In fact the whole of the UAE is shit and should be burnt down.

At this rate Cook could find himself on the pitch for the entire 5 days. I wonder if that's ever been done.

It has

But

He was off for 10 minutes in Pakistan's innings

I remember Boycott doing it against the ausssies (from memory)

Edited by boltondiver