Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Price Of Football, Again

L/H White

• Moderators

It's certainly not bollocks.

I have kept every away stub since my son was 3 and he is now 17. Note my comment about children's prices having fallen more than adults.

Compounding inflation of 3% over 13 years gives a 50% premium in itself.

davidjack is going to need you to prove this

good luck

• Moderators

aye, i think my first season ticket on my own was 48 quid

think you paid for 16 games with 7 'free'

ive seen pics from around the stoke fa cup game on the sunday where the manny road stand is 55p and £1.10

anyway, its pointless comparing, cos the only way teams in our league can cut prices is to cut costs

and as we are seeing, its not overly pretty

I'm talking adult prices - yes clubs have started to do more for juniors and students etc. If you think adult prices are cheaper now than 15 years ago then you must be the only person who does. Why the 20's plenty campaign and others...not cos prices are falling!

Seem to remember it cost £2 for my dad, me and my brother on the Burnden Paddock - £1 for him and 50p each for 2 kids - mid 70's. May be wrong but it sticks in my mind

Sounds great but standing in a river of piss, with posts in the way, and a shallow terrace where anyone over 5 foot in front of you blocked your view  

Wasn't that great really thinking about it despite the relatively cheap price

How many half season tickets do you reckon the club are expecting to sell...having priced them dearer, per match, than a full one? If people weren't tempted in the summer, what makes them think they're going to want to pay more now, after the start we've had? Is somebody actually being paid to come up with shit like this?

How many half season tickets do you reckon the club are expecting to sell...having priced them dearer, per match, than a full one? If people weren't tempted in the summer, what makes them think they're going to want to pay more now, after the start we've had? Is somebody actually being paid to come up with shit like this?

I think they should sell season tickets Dec-Dec as well, it would be good for Xmas presents.

I should be in marketing.

Why not piss in the wind while we're at it? Isn't the point of marketing to boost sales - not to have zero effect? Do we want to try to tempt more people along (and yes I know winning football will do that, but it doesn't mean we do fuck all until we get some)...or not? If not, then save ourselves some more money and let's not have a marketing team. It's just piss poor, like the website, compared with loads of other clubs who haven't got the infrastructure we've (still) got.

In my day, they used to pay us to go and if we lost, you'd get a free reacharound off that young filly selling programmes, Ruth her name is.

Wish I knew that. I used to go with a mate from Morris Green and we'd just wank each other off. It's just something mates did back then.

We're pissing in the wind trying to explain this aren't we?

What incentive would there be for buying a full ST if it was cheaper per game to toddle up in December? (Incidentally, a couple of seasons ago it actually was, when combined with the Club Together scheme)

It's simple; the club tries to capture fans as soon as possible with incentives, then makes a further sweep around at a time where sales peak (the fat guy down the chimney), without antagonizing their existing customer base.

I hope there isn't a marketing team for each campaign; Gifts aside- if they sell one, it's (in theory) a guaranteed fan for 13 games, who will then be targeted for renewal in the following months- attracted to the incentive he missed out on by buying at Xmas.

A marketing team are for life, not just for Xmas

I remember listening to a programme on GMR about this a few months back. They were arguing that there is an older demographic at games nowadays which is largely down to cost. I forget the actual final figure - but the average price for the cheapest ticket to watch a first division team in the north west 25 years back would now cost £11 allowing for inflation.

This is partly explained by the fact that we had terraces back then on course.

I remember listening to a programme on GMR about this a few months back. They were arguing that there is an older demographic at games nowadays which is largely down to cost. I forget the actual final figure - but the average price for the cheapest ticket to watch a first division team in the north west 25 years back would now cost £11 allowing for inflation.

And still, tickets are available for £10 for C70% of games

Not the old £10 ticket bollocks again. I asked about that after others had mentioned it and was told it was for groups of 10 or more - local kids' teams etc - and only for certain games, not category A etc etc. Apart from mentions on here I don't know a single person who gets these mythical golden tickets, let alone uses them for 70 per cent of games. Please spread the word if you know better.

Not the old £10 ticket bollocks again. I asked about that after others had mentioned it and was told it was for groups of 10 or more - local kids' teams etc - and only for certain games, not category A etc etc. Apart from mentions on here I don't know a single person who gets these mythical golden tickets, let alone uses them for 70 per cent of games. Please spread the word if you know better.

£10 tickets are still £1.50 more than our average ticket cost............did we ever decide how the average ticket price manages to work our at £8.50?

As hard as we tried, we simply couldn't make the maths add up. But if it makes people happier to keep quoting a figure that bears no relation to reality (or the reality for the vast majority of our support ie adults paying, at the very best, with a season ticket in the North lower about £14...but for others considerably more) then knock yourself out.

http://www.bwfcclubtogether.co.uk/club-together

£10 tickets are still £1.50 more than our average ticket cost............did we ever decide how the average ticket price manages to work our at £8.50?

did it include kids STs?

re club together; if you don't ask, you don't get- the club sell loads of these. the kids teams act as agents; if you don't know an agent, ask someone who does! I personally used these for near enough a full season a few years back, alongside a kids ST which could be switched to any part of the ground free of charge, and allowed me to get priority for away games etc.