Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Price Of Football, Again

L/H White

• Moderators

As hard as we tried, we simply couldn't make the maths add up. But if it makes people happier to keep quoting a figure that bears no relation to reality (or the reality for the vast majority of our support ie adults paying, at the very best, with a season ticket in the North lower about £14...but for others considerably more) then knock yourself out.

you really should have listened at school

we'll use me as an example

i buy 3 tickets in a mid priced area

one adult 398 and 2 kids for 74 each

546 quid

you keeping up with the numbers?

now, what we do next, is take our socks and shoes off and we divide 546 by 69 which is 7.91

we then have lots of folk paying 6.50 (ten quid club together of which the club only gets about 2/3s)

granted, your average price is about 17.30

BUT

kids on their own, and this is under 18s are at 3 quid a game

under 23s at 205 quid is under 9

so aye, its possible BWFC and the auditors are telling porkies in the accounts but i'd guess only david icke would argue that point

you do understand averages, don't you?

Grade A in Maths since you ask. The flaw in your argument is that the vast majority of our support are not kids or students. Your ticket buying habits aren't typical. And these 10 quid offers are another drop in the ocean. And we've not even mentioned the 3k or so, depending on the opposition, who are paying, in some cases £35 a ticket on the day.

The flaw in your argument is that the vast majority of our support are not kids or students. 

In order to see if there is a flaw in the argument, we would need to know what the actual breakdown of our ST sales is between Adults, OAPs, U23 and U18 and then put this in the mix with the £10 tickets and any freebies that are floating around.

I know a lot of the £10 tickets are about, and I know somebody who went to pretty much every game last season on a £10 ticket.....if only £6.00 of this gets to the club, then I would imagine it would have a fairly big impact

We know the £8.50 isn't a lie, as it appears in the audited accounts, and I'm sure somebody would have picked up on it if the club was squirrelling gate receipt money away

Ultimately, I do wonder why anybody really cares if the average price is £8.50, £0.85p or £85.00 a ticket  

Right, adult away prices for BWFC 10 seasons ago :-

£24 Boro.

£25 Sunderland, Fulham, Wigan.

£27 Everton.

£28 Liverpool, Brum, Villa.

£29 Norwich.

£30 Pompey, West Ham.

£32 Arsenal, Newcastle.

£40 Chelsea.

As far as I can see there are 50% reductions for children's and OAP's.

As I thought football has not increased in price when factoring in inflation and subsidised kids tickets based on different ages etc....