Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0 Birmingham City 1

globaldiver

There were nine Championship matches last night.

Four had higher attendances than BWFC, and four lower.

One of the full League One programme had a higher attendance (SheffU), and one of the eleven League Two matches (Portsmouth).

Of the eight Champions' League matches, two had lower attendances.  JSL

Fully agree.

But then what can WE realistically do about the club's problems.

Been thinking this myself lately . . .

I don't see games so much with living away at the moment but by all accounts I'm not missing much - bar the crack!

Lennon and the players obviously need the fans support (and I salute those who are still holding on and supporting through this period!) but they also need to know, in no uncertain terms, that this is unacceptable, imo.  

It would seem that unrest at the top is filtering down onto the pitch.  Very hard position Lennon finds himself. 

Don't have any answers really - it's a tough one.

• Site Supporter

Forget the money issue the table doesn't lie ourselves brum Brighton and Reading all got new managers at the same time we have picked the worst that's simple check his record! I will stand by what someone involved with the development side of the club told me

Vela will only start if we are desperate due to a clause in his contract that his wages will be doubled on his next start.

Here mate, I think you dropped these:

Edited by Cheese

Vela will only start if we are desperate due to a clause in his contract that his wages will be doubled on his next start.

If this is correct!

I have questions.

How have we found the supposed wages for a new striker, reportedly up to 18k a week, but we can't find the wages for Vela's wages to be doubled? Though we can find the wages for him not to be playing?

Sounds mental to me! or more evidence of mismanagement.......

Edited by BOWTUN BAKED

• Moderators

Its a load of bollocks

I'd guess you're right

However one of our young players who spent time on loan at a north west club last season has a similar clause but he's well behind Vela in terms of games and experience

Apparently he gets a rise after 8 games

What striker NL States in the BEN he has no idea if funds are available for a striker! I am convinced we are close to being taken over don't see any other reason forED to allow this club to implode.

It's a ridiculous state of affairs, he says he's talking everyday with Gartside yet it's not been discussed what budget is available for him to spend, how's Lennon supposed to target a player if he dosent know his budget?

• Site Supporter

NL: We got any money for a player yet Phil?

PG: Erm....I'll just ring Eddie. ("Ed, that ginger cunt is in my office again, cap in hand, what am I saying this time? ..... Oh, ok, so we're sticking with that then? Fuckinell")

Right Neil, the owner says how about another new tracksuit and trainers?

NL: That'll be fine, so it will. I'll go and tell that fat twat from the local rag we're still speaking to Madrid shall I?

PG: If you could please, now get out of my office you filthy ginger bastard.

That's how it goes.

NL: We got any money for a player yet Phil?

PG: Erm....I'll just ring Eddie. ("Ed, that ginger cunt is in my office again, cap in hand, what am I saying this time? ..... Oh, ok, so we're sticking with that then? Fuckinell")

Right Neil, the owner says how about another new tracksuit and trainers?

NL: That'll be fine, so it will. I'll go and tell that fat twat from the local rag we're still speaking to Madrid shall I?

PG: If you could please, now get out of my office you filthy ginger bastard.

That's how it goes.

:thumbsup:

If this is correct!

I have questions.

How have we found the supposed wages for a new striker, reportedly up to 18k a week, but we can't find the wages for Vela's wages to be doubled? Though we can find the wages for him not to be playing?

Sounds mental to me! or more evidence of mismanagement.......

Have we found the 18k wages? Says who, Marc Isles? Can't see it myself actions speak louder than words. Also there is no takeover on the cards, come on its all wishful thinking.

Would love to know if this Vela rumour is bullshit. I didn't (don't want to) believe it but honestly nothing would surprise me about the way this club is being run at moment. 

The lack of a striker is affecting the whole team I think. There's a complete lack of confidence that any of our approach play is likely to lead anywhere. I really think that if we could sort that out then we have enough in the other areas of the team to be ok. Of course that means playing the right players in the right places, dropping some and bringing others back...and Lenny has got his selections wrong for me in the last couple of games. I'm hoping that's simply him desperately trying to find the right formula, rather than that he's caught Freedmanitis.

So either the club spend some of the thousands that NL has saved from the budget in the past few months (or dip into the 2 million quid they just took off Fulham for Ream) or Gartside has the balls to come out and finally level with the fans and tell us what his plan is. Actually, it's not an either or - he needs to do the latter anyway, because at the minute, unless something changes fast, we're only heading one way.

The lack of a striker is affecting the whole team I think. There's a complete lack of confidence that any of our approach play is likely to lead anywhere. I really think that if we could sort that out then we have enough in the other areas of the team to be ok. Of course that means playing the right players in the right places, dropping some and bringing others back...and Lenny has got his selections wrong for me in the last couple of games. I'm hoping that's simply him desperately trying to find the right formula, rather than that he's caught Freedmanitis.

So either the club spend some of the thousands that NL has saved from the budget in the past few months (or dip into the 2 million quid they just took off Fulham for Ream) or Gartside has the balls to come out and finally level with the fans and tell us what his plan is. Actually, it's not an either or - he needs to do the latter anyway, because at the minute, unless something changes fast, we're only heading one way.

hang on in the Burnley post you go on about people moaning and we will be fine wont go down, make your mind up

I was trying to take the positives, and I'm not moaning now, I'm just stating facts. I admit, relegation had never crossed my mind until this week, but the table tells its own story. This is getting to be as bad as our two previous worst starts in our history. And unless something changes fast we're in danger of being cut adrift. As I said though, I really think there is enough in this squad - used properly - and strikers apart, to be nearer the top than the bottom. Which is why we can't afford not to get a striker in.

• Site Supporter

This Josh Vela thing is bollocks. I know most players get an appearance bonus (a relative of mine gets a bonus for occasionally sitting on the bench), but DOUBLING someones salary after a certain number of appearances? Utter horseshit. Whoever invented that one has a good imagination, but anyone who believes it is a fucking idiot.

I do think the fans who turn up (and I was pleasantly surprised that there weren't far off 14k there last night) should be applauded for the way they've taken the pain this last 4 years (including the last few months under Lenny). Even last night there were only muted boos at half time and full time, and, round me certainly, the groans at misplaced passes have been kept to a minimum. I reckon the players would have received a lot harsher treatment at plenty of other clubs in our predicament.