Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

• Moderators

:lol: on every door in town

aye, bolton was a decent night out

but people make the night out, so if its shite, people have to take the blame and last time i went, it wasnt just kids out of it and wanting a ruck

it was folk in their 40s

pathetic

True that, we went out the day before NYE in Bolton (about 2 years ago).  There was me and 4 of my friends and another couple in this bar.  Was ace, we had loads of room to dance (balloon).  I honestly don't mind Bolton once in a blue moon, or on a match day, but I certainly wouldn't suggest it as a night out.

• Site Supporter

I remember that a loads of pubs and clubs insisted on lads wearing pants to gain entry.

How fucking gay.

That created 2 types of drinker:

1: "townies" - lads in pants and shirts from C&A, smelling of Jazz aftershave with fucking stupid haircuts.

2: "grebs" - a catch all phrase for anyone not in pants and a Top of the Pops haircut, who went in any pub that let you wear jeans , such as the Alma, 3 Crowns, Man and Sycthe, Boars Head, Blue Boar.

I fucking hated townies. Cunts.

Edited by Spider

• Moderators

Some memories from the later days of my town going, turned away from bar full of twats next to Wetherspoons as my mate was too pissed. He hadn't had a drink. Turned away from The Bar by a bouncer with a shit beard as my mate had Rockports on, what are the chances of that!

Talking of dress code, at 16 me and my mate donned ties and jackets and went to Pips (previously Va Va) which was over 21's. Slight panic when we were asked if we were members and having said no were told to stand by a wall to have our photo taken....panic over when we were presented with our very own membership cards resplendent with photo. I still have no idea what possessed me to buy a cream coloured jacket though!!

I remember that a loads of pubs and clubs insisted on lads wearing pants to gain entry.

How fucking gay.

That created 2 types of drinker:

1: "townies" - lads in pants and shirts from C&A, smelling of Jazz aftershave with fucking stupid haircuts.

2: "grebs" - a catch all phrase for anyone not in pants and a Top of the Pops haircut, who went in any pub that let you wear jeans , such as the Alma, 3 Crowns, Man and Sycthe, Boars Head, Blue Boar.

I fucking hated townies. Cunts.

There was a time when the Old Three was a cracking pub. When they first put that outside smoking bit in around the back and they played indie music. Used to be packed every week. Loved it in there!

Some memories from the later days of my town going, turned away from bar full of twats next to Wetherspoons as my mate was too pissed. He hadn't had a drink. Turned away from The Bar by a bouncer with a shit beard as my mate had Rockports on, what are the chances of that!

LIFE bar

i got turned away once had a name on my black Tshirt

turned it inside out went back 5 mins later stright in

I went to the Balmoral last night after a few scoops in the hotel. With others obvs. It was ace ???? . Bolton town centre is what it is, if you don't like it give it a swerve, if you fancy it throw yourself into it and enjoy the lunacy !

I might have been drinking with you in that case - I'm one of Neil's mates! :-)

I had the dubious pleasure of having to drive to great moor street & back at dinner time today.

Shit the bed Bradshawgate's a mess. Fucking filthy and more or less everywhere boarded up, empty or shutters down after the junction.

Saw that new 'metro' pub, I'm sure half of that used to be a nice cake shop but I'm sure none of metro cabs' customers will complain about cars stinking of ale piss & fags........

Mate of mine messaged me later 'enjoy your trip down plywood mile?' That about sums it up.

Pound pubs aren't the answer though. We've got one in Athy which stinks of old ale, piss, puke, disinfectant & B.O. And when it's full there are only about 6 teeth between them.

At least we know where all the knobheads are.

Shame really, Wheatsheaf used to be a cracking boozer.

Edited by cureforsanity