Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

On 12/11/2022 at 13:56, Not in Crawley said:

The Book Thief at the octagon nominated for Best Musical and Best Regional Production at What's On Stage Awards. Amazing reviews across the board - be fantastic if it got a transfer.

The AD, Lottie Wakeman is doing an amazing job there, well worth your support.

Didn't really do it for me, but I'm not a great musical fan.

Then Brief Encounter the musical was a bit strange.

Hopefully it won't be S + P Wine the musical.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
51 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

This might be of interest.

Ps. £8.1m for a painting of what are essentially stick men is an absolute joke.

It's a great painting. Not Burnden Park bur Lowry based it after visiting Burnden Park to get a feel of 'Going to the match'

I like how some of the people are painted forward as if rushing in for kick off.

9 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Never ever be shocked my friend. Some halfwits buy white poppies.

Haha speaking of fake paintings, I used to work for one of the worlds richest men, a Russian called Dmitry Rybolovev. I was in charge of “hiding” part of his art collection which at the time was one of the most expensive private collections in the world, amongst them was the Salvator Mundi, which sold in 2017 for a record 350 million. Only after it was sold did rumours start to circulate that it could actually be a fake. Imagine paying that amount for a snide! 

• Members
1 minute ago, royal white said:

Haha speaking of fake paintings, I used to work for one of the worlds richest men, a Russian called Dmitry Rybolovev. I was in charge of “hiding” part of his art collection which at the time was one of the most expensive private collections in the world, amongst them was the Salvator Mundi, which sold in 2017 for a record 350 million. Only after it was sold did rumours start to circulate that it could actually be a fake. Imagine paying that amount for a snide! 

You must have an impressive CV sir. Never quite 'got' art. Fair play to those who get hard for it but for me art involves either the female form or the artistry displayed on a 136 yards long x 93 yards wide flat grass surface.

(Cue the resident theatrical thrustor)

4 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

You must have an impressive CV sir. Never quite 'got' art. Fair play to those who get hard for it but for me art involves either the female form or the artistry displayed on a 136 yards long x 93 yards wide flat grass surface.

(Cue the resident theatrical thrustor)

The beauty of copy and paste 😉

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

This might be of interest.

Ps. £8.1m for a painting of what are essentially stick men is an absolute joke.

I know, shocking.

He didn’t even paint in Rice’n’Easy or the Lifeline kiosk near the corner of Manny Road South and the Lever End.

Amatuer