Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I walked from Deansgate Manc to Deaf Institute, a mile, didn't get mithered once. Why they don't all just fuck off there, I dunno.

You walked to where?

Went in town this afternoon. Lots of work going on behind the Town Hall and the old bus station site. The development of the site of the old Odeon and work on the market will transform that part of town. Small steps but it’s a start.

Just nipped in 

Needed some Cheep Shit from PRIMANY for Benidorm 

Fuck me they where Qing to get in  when it Opened at 11

but Bolton Town Center looks like a Ukraine City 

Was going to walk over to Next but thought fuck it 

ill go the one Up Middlebrook 

2 hours ago, little whitt said:

Just nipped in 

Needed some Cheep Shit from PRIMANY for Benidorm 

Fuck me they where Qing to get in  when it Opened at 11

but Bolton Town Center looks like a Ukraine City 

Was going to walk over to Next but thought fuck it 

ill go the one Up Middlebrook 

I thought we'd attracted Chinese investment for a second there

5 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I thought we'd attracted Chinese investment for a second there

They pulled out just after covid, that’s why it’s been massively downscaled and Bolton at home trying to buy more land to go with the old bus station.

On 26/05/2023 at 19:26, BobyBrno said:

Went in town this afternoon. Lots of work going on behind the Town Hall and the old bus station site. The development of the site of the old Odeon and work on the market will transform that part of town. Small steps but it’s a start.

I suppose these 200 homes will add another 500 plus to the town centre population which is good for the shops but the town centre is really struggling even compared to some other rough northern towns. Blackpool has still got its Marks and Spencers in town and the laughing stock of 10 years ago Rochdale now has an M and S Foodhall.

13 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I suppose these 200 homes will add another 500 plus to the town centre population which is good for the shops but the town centre is really struggling even compared to some other rough northern towns. Blackpool has still got its Marks and Spencers in town and the laughing stock of 10 years ago Rochdale now has an M and S Foodhall.

I’ve said previously that there are some ambitious plans that just need investment. Investors need confidence and hopefully, the small steps currently being taken, could give them that confidence. I remain optimistic. 

• Members
3 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

I’ve said previously that there are some ambitious plans that just need investment. Investors need confidence and hopefully, the small steps currently being taken, could give them that confidence. I remain optimistic. 

Isn't the main barrier in the Town Hall though? Can't see that changing any time soon. Traditional Boltonians have scant regard for council elections.

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Isn't the main barrier in the Town Hall though? Can't see that changing any time soon. Traditional Boltonians have scant regard for council elections.

Recent changes could affect things as Labour are now the largest party but without overall control. I know councillors of 3 of the main parties so I’m hopeful they’ll pursue the same ambitions of the previous regime.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
Just now, Pablo said:

Been to Courthouse twice in last 4 days, proper decent scran, and top selection of bevs.

proper recommend the small plates…2 for £15, quality stuff too.

That’ll be the scouse in you.

• Members
2 hours ago, Pablo said:

Been to Courthouse twice in last 4 days, proper decent scran, and top selection of bevs.

proper recommend the small plates…2 for £15, quality stuff too.

Make the most of it pal. Sounds like it might all be downhill from here?

Did you hire a suit?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

It's a good job Bolton is closed. I had the misfortune to need to walk down Newport Street today. I was in more danger of getting mowed down by an electric scooter/mobility vehicle/ kid on a bike than getting mithered by the Holy Joes or shouty foreigners. Fuck me.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Another tip top lunch at Faz's in the Vaults again, best in the Town for me, not full of gee like most of them.

£10 for 2 courses, nice smaller portions for lunch, bang on quality.

are they open saturday